- 4 large chicken thigh fillets (800g)
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoon strained lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 1/2 cup (60g) pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1Cut each thigh fillet into 6 long strips; combine with garlic, oregano, rind, juice and oil in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours.
- 2To make green olive dressing; coarsely chop 4 olives; reserve. Blend or process remaining ingredients until almost smooth. Spoon into a serving bowl; top with reserved olives.
- 3Thread one strip of chicken onto each of 24 skewers. Cook chicken skewers, in batches, on a heated oiled grill plate (or barbecue or grill) for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- 4Serve chicken skewers with olive dressing and lemon wedges.
You will need 24 small bamboo skewers for this recipe; soak in cold water for 30 minutes before using to stop them from burning during cooking. Chicken thigh fillets are better to use than chicken breast meat as their higher fat content ensures the meat stays moist during barbecuing. Chicken can be marinated a day ahead; store, covered, in the fridge. You will need 2 lemons for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesToday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato and leek soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso noodle hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- Mini chicken and leek piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021