- 4 large chicken thigh fillets (800g)
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoon strained lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 1/2 cup (60g) pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1Cut each thigh fillet into 6 long strips; combine with garlic, oregano, rind, juice and oil in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours.
- 2To make green olive dressing; coarsely chop 4 olives; reserve. Blend or process remaining ingredients until almost smooth. Spoon into a serving bowl; top with reserved olives.
- 3Thread one strip of chicken onto each of 24 skewers. Cook chicken skewers, in batches, on a heated oiled grill plate (or barbecue or grill) for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- 4Serve chicken skewers with olive dressing and lemon wedges.
You will need 24 small bamboo skewers for this recipe; soak in cold water for 30 minutes before using to stop them from burning during cooking. Chicken thigh fillets are better to use than chicken breast meat as their higher fat content ensures the meat stays moist during barbecuing. Chicken can be marinated a day ahead; store, covered, in the fridge. You will need 2 lemons for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieToday 5:13am
- Caramel sliceYesterday 11:16pm
- Corn and kidney bean quesadillas with tomato salsaYesterday 1:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb with white beansYesterday 1:00pm
- Linguine primavera & poached eggsYesterday 1:00pm
- Brown fried rice with carrot, cabbage and red onionYesterday 1:00pm
- Raspberry crumble almond tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Braised beef cheeks in red wineYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkish eggs (Shakshuka)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frostingYesterday 1:00pm
- Barley, chicken and sesame slawYesterday 1:00pm
- Creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- Fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloniYesterday 1:00pm
- Jam rollYesterday 1:00pm
- Cumin-spiced steak with white bean hummusYesterday 1:00pm