- 4 large chicken thigh fillets (800g)
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoon strained lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 1/2 cup (60g) pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1Cut each thigh fillet into 6 long strips; combine with garlic, oregano, rind, juice and oil in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours.
- 2To make green olive dressing; coarsely chop 4 olives; reserve. Blend or process remaining ingredients until almost smooth. Spoon into a serving bowl; top with reserved olives.
- 3Thread one strip of chicken onto each of 24 skewers. Cook chicken skewers, in batches, on a heated oiled grill plate (or barbecue or grill) for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- 4Serve chicken skewers with olive dressing and lemon wedges.
You will need 24 small bamboo skewers for this recipe; soak in cold water for 30 minutes before using to stop them from burning during cooking. Chicken thigh fillets are better to use than chicken breast meat as their higher fat content ensures the meat stays moist during barbecuing. Chicken can be marinated a day ahead; store, covered, in the fridge. You will need 2 lemons for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021