- 4 large chicken thigh fillets (800g)
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoon strained lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 1/2 cup (60g) pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1Cut each thigh fillet into 6 long strips; combine with garlic, oregano, rind, juice and oil in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours.
- 2To make green olive dressing; coarsely chop 4 olives; reserve. Blend or process remaining ingredients until almost smooth. Spoon into a serving bowl; top with reserved olives.
- 3Thread one strip of chicken onto each of 24 skewers. Cook chicken skewers, in batches, on a heated oiled grill plate (or barbecue or grill) for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- 4Serve chicken skewers with olive dressing and lemon wedges.
You will need 24 small bamboo skewers for this recipe; soak in cold water for 30 minutes before using to stop them from burning during cooking. Chicken thigh fillets are better to use than chicken breast meat as their higher fat content ensures the meat stays moist during barbecuing. Chicken can be marinated a day ahead; store, covered, in the fridge. You will need 2 lemons for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021