- 4 large chicken thigh fillets (800g)
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoon strained lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 1/2 cup (60g) pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1Cut each thigh fillet into 6 long strips; combine with garlic, oregano, rind, juice and oil in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours.
- 2To make green olive dressing; coarsely chop 4 olives; reserve. Blend or process remaining ingredients until almost smooth. Spoon into a serving bowl; top with reserved olives.
- 3Thread one strip of chicken onto each of 24 skewers. Cook chicken skewers, in batches, on a heated oiled grill plate (or barbecue or grill) for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- 4Serve chicken skewers with olive dressing and lemon wedges.
You will need 24 small bamboo skewers for this recipe; soak in cold water for 30 minutes before using to stop them from burning during cooking. Chicken thigh fillets are better to use than chicken breast meat as their higher fat content ensures the meat stays moist during barbecuing. Chicken can be marinated a day ahead; store, covered, in the fridge. You will need 2 lemons for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 29 fabulous fetta recipesJun 24, 2022
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022