Nothing says classic pub meal like a chicken schnitzel and your favourite pub grub tastes even better when homemade. So whip one up, turn on the footy and enjoy!
- 2 chicken breasts, halved horizontally, pounded
- 1/2 cup flour, seasoned
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
- 20 gram butter
- oil, for shallow frying
- 1Dust chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, then coat in combined breadcrumbs and parmesan, pressing firmly. Chill for 15 minutes.
- 2Heat butter and oil together in frying pan, until bubbling. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- 3Serve schnitzel with salad or steamed greens.
You can also use pork, turkey steaks or chicken thigh fillets (pounded).
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021