Nothing says classic pub meal like a chicken schnitzel and your favourite pub grub tastes even better when homemade. So whip one up, turn on the footy and enjoy!
- 2 chicken breasts, halved horizontally, pounded
- 1/2 cup flour, seasoned
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
- 20 gram butter
- oil, for shallow frying
- 1Dust chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, then coat in combined breadcrumbs and parmesan, pressing firmly. Chill for 15 minutes.
- 2Heat butter and oil together in frying pan, until bubbling. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- 3Serve schnitzel with salad or steamed greens.
You can also use pork, turkey steaks or chicken thigh fillets (pounded).
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Garlic breadToday 1:00am
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaYesterday 11:55pm
- Garlic beef stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy recipes with leeksYesterday 1:00pm
- Show-stopping Christmas recipes you'll be famous forYesterday 1:00pm
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Fettuccine carbonaraYesterday 5:37am
- White ChristmasNov 22, 2020
- Perfect roast potatoesNov 22, 2020
- Baked chocolate and caramel cheesecakeNov 22, 2020
- Christmas fruit and spice friandsNov 22, 2020
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 22, 2020
- Pork and fennel sausage rollsNov 22, 2020
- Best edible Christmas giftsNov 22, 2020
- Perfect pad thaiNov 20, 2020