Nothing says classic pub meal like a chicken schnitzel and your favourite pub grub tastes even better when homemade. So whip one up, turn on the footy and enjoy!
- 2 chicken breasts, halved horizontally, pounded
- 1/2 cup flour, seasoned
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
- 20 gram butter
- oil, for shallow frying
- 1Dust chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, then coat in combined breadcrumbs and parmesan, pressing firmly. Chill for 15 minutes.
- 2Heat butter and oil together in frying pan, until bubbling. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- 3Serve schnitzel with salad or steamed greens.
You can also use pork, turkey steaks or chicken thigh fillets (pounded).
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021