- 2 chicken breasts, halved horizontally, pounded
- 1/2 cup flour, seasoned
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
- 20 gram butter
- oil, for shallow frying
- 1Dust chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, then coat in combined breadcrumbs and parmesan, pressing firmly. Chill for 15 minutes.
- 2Heat butter and oil together in frying pan, until bubbling. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- 3Serve schnitzel with salad or steamed greens.
You can also use pork, turkey steaks or chicken thigh fillets (pounded).
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 26 easy chicken pasta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 4:28am
- Over-the-top chocolate and macadamia browniesJun 27, 2022
- 11 mouth-watering jaffles for lunchJun 27, 2022
- 22 vegetarian lasagne recipesJun 27, 2022
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeJun 27, 2022
- Our best spaghetti bologneseJun 26, 2022
- Traditional Greek recipesJun 26, 2022
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniJun 26, 2022
- Roast beef with yorkshire puddingsJun 26, 2022
- 27 gluten-free dinnersJun 26, 2022
- Classic beef lasagneJun 26, 2022