- 1 tablespoon woolworths select vegetable oil
- 2 small chicken breast fillets
- 12 green prawns, peeled, tails on
- 1 small bunch butter or mignonette lettuce
- 2 mangoes, seeded, peeled, sliced
- 1 bunch mint, leaves picked
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup woolworths select cashew & macadamia mix, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice, plus wedges to serve
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon finely grated palm sugar
- 1 bird’s eye chilli, finely chopped
- 1In a large frying pan, heat the oil on high (or use a char-grill pan). Cook chicken, for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Set aside, covered with foil, for 5 minutes. When cooked, slice thinly.
- 2Using the same pan, cook the prawns, turning, for 2-3 minutes until they change colour and are cooked through.
- 3Make dressing: In a jug, whisk all the ingredients together.
- 4Arrange lettuces on a platter. In a large bowl, combine chicken and prawns with mango, mint, cucumber, capsicum and onion. Drizzle over half the dressing. Toss to combine.
- 5Sprinkle with nuts to serve. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and lime wedges.
The soft green of butter lettuce and the red-purple and green leaves of the mignonette complement each other beautifully. Never dress these lettuces until ready to serve to prevent them from going soggy. For a Thai version of this salad, replace the ripe mango with finely shredded green mango. It has a firmer, crunchier texture and slightly sour flavour. Replace palm sugar with brown sugar if you have none on hand.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb goulashYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 chocolate recipes for those of us who can't get enoughYesterday 5:44am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotYesterday 5:27am
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeYesterday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesJul 24, 2021
- 34 delicious duck recipesJul 24, 2021
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsJul 24, 2021
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingJul 24, 2021
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021