- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bacon slices (160g), trimmed, chopped
- 1 braised leek, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- ¾ cup (180ml) pouring cream
- 3 cups (300g) coarsely shredded roast chicken
- 2 cups (280g) coarsely chopped roast potatoes
- 1 sheet frozen butter puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat; cook bacon, stirring, for 2 minutes or until browned. Add leek and garlic; cook for a further 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant.
- 2Add flour to pan; cook, stirring, for a further 1 minute. Gradually whisk in stock. Whisk until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Whisk in cream; simmer for a further 1 minute. Remove from heat; season to taste.
- 3Transfer mixture to a large heatproof bowl, add chicken and potato; toss well to coat. Refrigerate until cold.
- 4Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 5Lightly oil four 1¼-cup (300ml) ramekins. Using top of a ramekin as a guide, cut four rounds from pastry. Spoon chicken mixture into ramekins. Place pastry rounds on top of chicken mixture; press with a fork to seal edges. Pierce a small hole in centre of each pastry round; brush with egg.
- 6Place ramekins on oven tray; bake for 25 minutes or until golden and puffed.
Chicken mixture can be spooned into ramekins and topped with pastry up to 6 hours ahead. Refrigerate until ready to bake.This recipe is not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022