- 250 grams cherry truss tomatoes with stems attached
- 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze
- 375 grams penne pasta
- ⅓ cup basil pesto
- 2 cups shredded barbecued chicken
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
- micro basil to serve
- 1Preheat grill. Place 250g (8oz) cherry truss tomatoes with stems attached on an oven tray.
- 2Drizzle with 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze; grill about 10 minutes or until tomato skins begin to split.
- 3Meanwhile, cook 375g (12oz) penne pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender; drain, reserving ⅓ cup of the cooking liquid.
- 4Return pasta to pan with ⅓ cup basil pesto, 2 cups shredded barbecued chicken, tomatoes and reserved cooking liquid.
- 5Stir gently over low heat until heated through.
- 6Serve sprinkled with 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan and some micro basil.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021