- 2 (400g) chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup (70g) stale breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (85g) bottled tomato pasta sauce, warmed
- 4 slice (185g) ham
- 100 gram (3½ ounces) gruyère cheese, grated coarsely
- 1Split chicken fillets in half horizontally. Toss chicken in flour, shake away excess. Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, in combined egg and milk, then in breadcrumbs.
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan, shallow-fry chicken, in batches, until browned and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat grill (broiler).
- 4Place chicken on oven tray, divide pasta sauce, then ham and finally cheese over chicken. Place under grill until cheese melts.
This dish goes well with a parmesan and baby rocket salad.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forToday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamToday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Easy Danish pastriesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lamb and spinach samosasYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Garibaldi sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020