- 2 (400g) chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup (70g) stale breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (85g) bottled tomato pasta sauce, warmed
- 4 slice (185g) ham
- 100 gram (3½ ounces) gruyère cheese, grated coarsely
- 1Split chicken fillets in half horizontally. Toss chicken in flour, shake away excess. Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, in combined egg and milk, then in breadcrumbs.
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan, shallow-fry chicken, in batches, until browned and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat grill (broiler).
- 4Place chicken on oven tray, divide pasta sauce, then ham and finally cheese over chicken. Place under grill until cheese melts.
This dish goes well with a parmesan and baby rocket salad.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesToday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeToday 4:18am
- Rhubarb and vanilla baked custardToday 2:44am
- Cottage pieYesterday 6:00pm
- Cheesy vegetable pasta bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish bread with lamb and eggsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 perfect pasta bakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Italian chicken schnitzelYesterday 2:00pm
- 21 delicious chicken meals to make in your slow cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Shortbread buttonsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 sensational schnitzelsYesterday 2:00pm
- Air fryer Nutella turnoversYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm