It's no wonder why we love Thai cuisine so much: from fragrant yellow curries to hot and sour tom yum soup, powerful beef larb to everyone's favourite pad Thai, dishes are light, flavourful and utterly delicious.
Chicken pad thai
- 500 gram fresh wide rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 500 gram chicken breast fillets, sliced thinly
- 1 brown onion (150g), sliced thinly
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup (80g) bean sprouts
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup (35g) roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped coarsely
Chicken pad thai
- 1Place noodles in large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water; separate with fork, drain.
- 2Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in wok. Pour egg into wok; cook omelette, tilting wok, until omelette is set. Remove omelette from wok; roll tightly then slice thinly.
- 3Heat 2 teaspoons of the remaining oil in wok; stir-fry chicken, in batches, until browned. Remove from wok.
- 4Heat remaining oil in wok; stir-fry brown onion and garlic until onion softens. Return chicken to wok with noodles, juice, sauce and sugar; stir-fry until hot. Remove from heat; stir in sprouts, green onion and half the coriander, season to taste.
- 5Serve noodles topped with omelette, nuts and remaining coriander.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Pasta al forno - Italian sausage pasta bakeToday 7:48am
- Vietnamese beef saladToday 6:23am
- Lattice biscuit citrus cheesecakeToday 6:00am
- Hoot hoot horray owl birthday cakeToday 5:26am
- Cauliflower and parsley saladToday 2:56am
- Impressive no-bake cheesecakes to finish a mealToday 1:13am
- Easy lemon cheesecakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Hash brownsYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect puff pastry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Low fat beef sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020