- 1 sheet frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 30 gram butter
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 150 gram button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup shredded barbecued chicken
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 60 gram brie, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or basil
- 2 rashers rindless bacon, finely sliced
- rocket, to serve
Chicken, mushroom and brie quiche
- 1Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Lightly grease a deep 20cm quiche pan.
- 2Ease pastry into a prepared pan, trimming edges. Allow to rest for 15 minutes. Bake blind for 10 minutes. Remove paper and filling. Bake for further 5 minutes. Cool. Reduce oven to moderate, 180°C.
- 3FILLING: Meanwhile, melt butter in a frying pan on high. Saute onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until tender. Remove to a plate. Saute mushrooms in same pan, until liquid has evaporated. Arrange the chicken and onion mixture in prepared pastry case. In a jug, whisk together eggs, cream, milk, brie and parsley. Season to taste. Pour mixture over filling. Sprinkle with bacon.
- 4Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until firm and golden. Top with rocket and serve with salad.
This is a great way to use up leftover roast chicken.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Potato Salad RecipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Broccoli and kale soup with lemon creme fraicheAug 05, 2020
- Classic sconesAug 05, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeAug 04, 2020
- Homemade pastyAug 04, 2020
- Pork ribs with sticky barbecue sauceAug 04, 2020
- Tangy lemon squaresAug 04, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesAug 04, 2020
- 27 comforting custard dessertsAug 04, 2020
- Anzac biscuit recipesAug 04, 2020
- Traditional beef casseroleAug 04, 2020