- 2 bunches fresh coriander (130g), roots, stems and leaves chopped coarsely
- 1 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 120 grams baby spinach leaves
- 1 fresh jalapeño chilli (25g), seeds removed, chopped coarsely
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), sliced thickly
- 8 small skinless chicken thigh fillets (1.2kg)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup (250ml) canned coconut cream
- 40 grams (1½ ounces) baby spinach leaves, extra
- 1/3 cup (25g) natural flaked almonds, roasted
- 1 medium lime (90g), cut into wedges
- 1Reserve a handful of coriander leaves and mint leaves for serving. Blend or process remaining coriander and mint with spinach, chilli, garlic, juice and the water until smooth.
- 2Heat oil in a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat; cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Add chicken; cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is browned on both sides. Add spices; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 3Stir in coriander puree and coconut cream; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly and chicken is cooked through. Season to taste.
- 4Serve curry topped with extra spinach leaves, reserved coriander and mint, almonds and lime wedges.
This is a great sauce for a vegetable curry. In step 3, add chunky chopped vegetables such as pumpkin, potato, sweet potato (kumara) or cauliflower and drained and rinsed chickpeas (garbanzo beans) or lentils. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 5 make-from-scratch desserts to share and impressYesterday 10:00pm
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeYesterday 6:35am
- Chocolate fig panforteYesterday 1:18am
- Christmas candy cane sliceYesterday 12:46am
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021