- 2 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 4 chicken thigh fillets (800g), sliced thinly
- 1/2 medium red capsicum (100g), sliced thinly
- 1 small red onion (100g), sliced thinly
- 2 cup (160g) coarsely chopped cabbage
- 150 gram oyster mushrooms, chopped coarsley
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 250g packaged 90-second microwave white basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 1Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large wok over high heat. Pour egg into wok; cook, tilting wok, until omelette is just set. Remove omelette from wok; chop coarsely.
- 2Heat 3 teaspoons of the remaining oil in wok; stir-fry chicken for 2 minutes or until browned. Remove from wok.
- 3Heat remaining oil in wok; stir-fry capsicum, half the onion, cabbage, mushrooms, garlic and chilli for 3 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- 4Return chicken and egg to wok with rice, sesame oil, soy sauce, onion and 2 tablespoons of the sweet chilli sauce; stir-fry until heated through. (Taste and add extra soy sauce if desired.)
- 5Serve rice, drizzled with remaining sweet chilli sauce and sprinkled with coriander and remaining onion.
If you'd prefer to cook your own rice, do it several hours ahead or the day before. You will need to cook 1 cup of rice, following the packet directions, to yield 3 cups of cooked rice, the equivalent quantity of the packaged rice in the recipe. Spread the cooked rice in a single layer over a tray, cover and refrigerate until needed. Replace the capsicum, cabbage and mushrooms with other vegetables you have on hand; simply ensure that they are cut into thin slices. You can sprinkle the rice with asian fried shallots for added texture, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 13 delicious chicken drumstick ideasYesterday 2:00pm
- Super-simple chicken parmigianaYesterday 2:00pm
- Veal braciole with rice and peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef mince and rice burritosYesterday 3:11am
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 07, 2022
- Beef and lentil curryAug 07, 2022
- Gluten-free peanut butter cookiesAug 07, 2022
- Apple streusel sliceAug 07, 2022
- 22 cost effective meals using mince and riceAug 07, 2022
- Lemon deliciousAug 07, 2022
- Salsa verdeAug 06, 2022
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022