- 2 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 4 chicken thigh fillets (800g), sliced thinly
- 1/2 medium red capsicum (100g), sliced thinly
- 1 small red onion (100g), sliced thinly
- 2 cup (160g) coarsely chopped cabbage
- 150 gram oyster mushrooms, chopped coarsley
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 250g packaged 90-second microwave white basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 1Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large wok over high heat. Pour egg into wok; cook, tilting wok, until omelette is just set. Remove omelette from wok; chop coarsely.
- 2Heat 3 teaspoons of the remaining oil in wok; stir-fry chicken for 2 minutes or until browned. Remove from wok.
- 3Heat remaining oil in wok; stir-fry capsicum, half the onion, cabbage, mushrooms, garlic and chilli for 3 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- 4Return chicken and egg to wok with rice, sesame oil, soy sauce, onion and 2 tablespoons of the sweet chilli sauce; stir-fry until heated through. (Taste and add extra soy sauce if desired.)
- 5Serve rice, drizzled with remaining sweet chilli sauce and sprinkled with coriander and remaining onion.
If you'd prefer to cook your own rice, do it several hours ahead or the day before. You will need to cook 1 cup of rice, following the packet directions, to yield 3 cups of cooked rice, the equivalent quantity of the packaged rice in the recipe. Spread the cooked rice in a single layer over a tray, cover and refrigerate until needed. Replace the capsicum, cabbage and mushrooms with other vegetables you have on hand; simply ensure that they are cut into thin slices. You can sprinkle the rice with asian fried shallots for added texture, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Thermomix Swedish meatballs with gravy and horseradish mashYesterday 1:00pm
- Beer-battered fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 1:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm