- 1 cup (200 grams) dried haricot beans
- 500 gram spicy italian sausages
- 250 gram pork sausages
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken breasts on the bone
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 rindless bacon slices, thinly sliced
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 cloves
- 12 black peppercorns
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 5 baby onions, halved
- 1/2 cup (125 millilitres) dry white wine
- 3 cup (750 millilitres) water
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped finely
- 1In a large bowl, cover beans with water. Stand overnight; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 3In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook sausages, uncovered, 2 minutes; drain.
- 4Remove skin from chicken; cut breasts in half.
- 5Heat oil in 5-litre (20-cup) flameproof casserole dish; cook chicken and sausages, in batches, until browned. Drain on absorbent paper; slice sausages thickly.
- 6Add bacon to dish; cook, stirring, until crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- 7Return chicken to dish with beans, garlic, spices, vegetables, wine, the water and tomato paste. Cook, covered, in oven 1½ hours.
- 8Add sausages; cover. Cook about 30 minutes or until sausages are cooked. Season to taste. Serve sprinkled with bacon and parsley.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021