- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 kilogram single chicken breast fillets
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup (240g) burghul
- 1 small cauliflower (1 Kg)
- 1 large_piece (430g) pomegranate, seeded
- 1 medium_piece (170g) red onion, halved, sliced
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup (110g) roasted walnuts, coarsley chopped
- 150 gram Greek fetta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 3 teaspoon honey
- 3 teaspoon pomegranate molasses
- 1Combine half the oil, molasses, cumin and garlic in a large bowl with chicken. Cover, refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- 2Bring stock to the boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat, add burghul, cover, stand 5 minutes.
- 3Preheat grill. Cut cauliflower into 1.5cm florets. Place on oven tray; drizzle with remaining oil, season. Grill for 8 minutes, turning halfway, until tender.
- 4Meanwhile, make pomegranate dressing. Place ingredients in a screw-top jar, shake well.
- 5Drain chicken, discard marinade. Cook chicken on a heated oiled char-grill plate (or barbecue or grill), for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Remove chicken from heat, cover loosely with foil, rest 10 minutes, then slice thickly.
- 6Spoon burghul onto a platter; top with chicken, cauliflower and other ingredients. Drizzle with dressing.
To remove seeds from the pomegranate, cut it in half cross-ways, hold it, cut-side down in the palm of your hand over a bowl, then hit the outside firmly with a wooden spoon. The seeds should fall out easily, discard any white pith that falls out with them. Pomegranate molasses is available at delis, middle eastern food stores, specialty food shops and most major supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Christmas cookies recipesYesterday 10:02pm
- Summer puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019
- Cauliflower 'rice' pilafNov 07, 2019
- Chocolate sour cream cakeNov 06, 2019
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella tartNov 06, 2019
- 13 ways with broad beansNov 05, 2019
- Spaghetti carbonaraNov 05, 2019
- Gingerbread biscuitsNov 05, 2019
- Prawn, pea & broad bean frittataNov 05, 2019
- The best finger foods for your next partyNov 03, 2019
- Very green veggie curryNov 03, 2019
- Snapper and tomato tray bakeNov 03, 2019