- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 kilogram single chicken breast fillets
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup (240g) burghul
- 1 small cauliflower (1 Kg)
- 1 large_piece (430g) pomegranate, seeded
- 1 medium_piece (170g) red onion, halved, sliced
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup (110g) roasted walnuts, coarsley chopped
- 150 gram Greek fetta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 3 teaspoon honey
- 3 teaspoon pomegranate molasses
- 1Combine half the oil, molasses, cumin and garlic in a large bowl with chicken. Cover, refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- 2Bring stock to the boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat, add burghul, cover, stand 5 minutes.
- 3Preheat grill. Cut cauliflower into 1.5cm florets. Place on oven tray; drizzle with remaining oil, season. Grill for 8 minutes, turning halfway, until tender.
- 4Meanwhile, make pomegranate dressing. Place ingredients in a screw-top jar, shake well.
- 5Drain chicken, discard marinade. Cook chicken on a heated oiled char-grill plate (or barbecue or grill), for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Remove chicken from heat, cover loosely with foil, rest 10 minutes, then slice thickly.
- 6Spoon burghul onto a platter; top with chicken, cauliflower and other ingredients. Drizzle with dressing.
To remove seeds from the pomegranate, cut it in half cross-ways, hold it, cut-side down in the palm of your hand over a bowl, then hit the outside firmly with a wooden spoon. The seeds should fall out easily, discard any white pith that falls out with them. Pomegranate molasses is available at delis, middle eastern food stores, specialty food shops and most major supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertYesterday 5:51am
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022
- What to make with your preserved lemonJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Choo-choo train birthday cakeJun 30, 2022
- Cheese and silverbeet borekJun 29, 2022
- Minestrone with barley and greensJun 29, 2022
- 42 perfect puddingsJun 29, 2022
- Tzatziki dipJun 29, 2022