- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 kilogram single chicken breast fillets
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup (240g) burghul
- 1 small cauliflower (1 Kg)
- 1 large_piece (430g) pomegranate, seeded
- 1 medium_piece (170g) red onion, halved, sliced
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup (110g) roasted walnuts, coarsley chopped
- 150 gram Greek fetta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 3 teaspoon honey
- 3 teaspoon pomegranate molasses
- 1Combine half the oil, molasses, cumin and garlic in a large bowl with chicken. Cover, refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- 2Bring stock to the boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat, add burghul, cover, stand 5 minutes.
- 3Preheat grill. Cut cauliflower into 1.5cm florets. Place on oven tray; drizzle with remaining oil, season. Grill for 8 minutes, turning halfway, until tender.
- 4Meanwhile, make pomegranate dressing. Place ingredients in a screw-top jar, shake well.
- 5Drain chicken, discard marinade. Cook chicken on a heated oiled char-grill plate (or barbecue or grill), for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Remove chicken from heat, cover loosely with foil, rest 10 minutes, then slice thickly.
- 6Spoon burghul onto a platter; top with chicken, cauliflower and other ingredients. Drizzle with dressing.
To remove seeds from the pomegranate, cut it in half cross-ways, hold it, cut-side down in the palm of your hand over a bowl, then hit the outside firmly with a wooden spoon. The seeds should fall out easily, discard any white pith that falls out with them. Pomegranate molasses is available at delis, middle eastern food stores, specialty food shops and most major supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate slab cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy vanilla cupcakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Almond friandsYesterday 1:00pm
- Sensational spring dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- Blueberry muffinsYesterday 1:00pm
- Women's Weekly Vintage Edition: Gingerbread peopleYesterday 1:00pm
- Oven temperature conversionsYesterday 4:43am
- Char kway teowOct 27, 2020
- Mango recipes for dessertOct 27, 2020
- Sweet curried sausagesOct 27, 2020
- Chicken schnitzelOct 27, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, feta and chickpea saladOct 27, 2020
- Allergy-friendly fruit mince tartsOct 27, 2020
- Fruit mince pies and treats for ChristmasOct 27, 2020
- EggnogOct 27, 2020