Chicken & rice soup
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large_piece (200g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup (65g) white long-grain rice
- 1 large_piece (220g) tomato, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeño chillies, drained, finely chopped,
- 1 cup fresh coriander (cilantro), coarsely chopped
- 1 large_piece (320g) avocado, chopped finely
- 1/2 (800g) whole uncooked chicken
- 1 medium_piece (120g) carrot, halved
- 1 small_piece (80g) brown onion, halved
- 1 (150g) stalk celery, halved
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1.5 litre (6 cups) water
Chicken & rice soup
- 1Make chicken stock. Combine ingredients in a 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 15 minutes. Release the steam pressure according to manufacturer's instructions, remove lid. Strain stock into a large heatproof bowl. Reserve chicken, discard solids.
- 2Discard skin and bones from chicken, shred meat coarsely.
- 3Heat oil in a 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker, cook onion, stirring, until soft. Add rice, stir to coat in onion mixture. Add stock, secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure, cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Release the steam pressure according manufacturer's instructions, remove lid. Return chicken to cooker with tomato and chilli, simmer, uncovered, until hot. Stir in coriander, season to taste.
- 5Serve soup topped with avocado.
Always check the manufacturer's instructions before using a pressure cooker.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021