Chicken & rice soup
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large_piece (200g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup (65g) white long-grain rice
- 1 large_piece (220g) tomato, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeño chillies, drained, finely chopped,
- 1 cup fresh coriander (cilantro), coarsely chopped
- 1 large_piece (320g) avocado, chopped finely
- 1/2 (800g) whole uncooked chicken
- 1 medium_piece (120g) carrot, halved
- 1 small_piece (80g) brown onion, halved
- 1 (150g) stalk celery, halved
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1.5 litre (6 cups) water
Chicken & rice soup
- 1Make chicken stock. Combine ingredients in a 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 15 minutes. Release the steam pressure according to manufacturer's instructions, remove lid. Strain stock into a large heatproof bowl. Reserve chicken, discard solids.
- 2Discard skin and bones from chicken, shred meat coarsely.
- 3Heat oil in a 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker, cook onion, stirring, until soft. Add rice, stir to coat in onion mixture. Add stock, secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure, cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Release the steam pressure according manufacturer's instructions, remove lid. Return chicken to cooker with tomato and chilli, simmer, uncovered, until hot. Stir in coriander, season to taste.
- 5Serve soup topped with avocado.
Always check the manufacturer's instructions before using a pressure cooker.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Perfect potato saladToday 1:26am
- Four ways with stuffingToday 12:00am
- 25 terrific tray bakesYesterday 10:52pm
- Baked beef sausages with rosemary and tomatoYesterday 10:00pm
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 9:00pm
- Traditional GozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Coconut and pineapple sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- The ultimate lamb shanks recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- Vegetarian sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mince and rice stuffed capsicumsYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieYesterday 6:13am
- 31 terrific tofu recipesYesterday 1:28am