Chicken and okra
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 kilogram chicken breast fillets, diced into 2cm pieces
- 350 gram okra, halved lengthways
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), sliced thinly
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 centimetre piece fresh ginger (10g), grated
- 1/4 cup (75g) red curry paste
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 cup loosely packed thai basil leaves
Chicken and okra
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in wok; stir-fry chicken, in batches, until cooked.
- 2Heat half the remaining oil in wok; stir-fry okra until browned and tender. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- 3Heat remaining oil in wok; stir-fry onion, garlic and ginger until onion softens. Add curry paste; stir-fry about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 4Return chicken to wok with stock and juice; stir-fry 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in basil. Serve okra with chicken.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesToday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato and leek soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso noodle hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- Mini chicken and leek piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021