Chicken and fig tagine
- 2 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- 4 (1kg) single chicken breasts on the bone
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large_piece (300g) red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch saffron threads
- 3/4 cup (180ml) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 315 gram spinach, trimmed, shredded coarsely
- 6 medium_piece (360g) fresh figs, halved
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon coriander (cilantro)
- 1/2 cup (70g) roasted unsalted pistachios, coarsely chopped,
Chicken and fig tagine
- 1Season flour in large bowl, add chicken, toss to coat in flour. Shake off excess. Heat half the oil in 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker, cook chicken, in batches, until browned. Remove from cooker.
- 2Heat remaining oil in cooker, cook onion, garlic and spices, stirring, until onion softens. Return chicken to cooker with stock and honey, secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure, cook 15 minutes.
- 3Release pressure using the quick release method, remove lid. Remove chicken, cover to keep warm. Stir spinach into cooker, season to taste.
- 4Place figs, cut-side up, on oven tray, sprinkle with sugar. Cook under preheated grill (broiler) about 5 minutes or until browned lightly.
- 5Return chicken to cooker, simmer, uncovered, until hot. Serve tagine with figs, sprinkle with herbs and nuts.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won't need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check with the manufacturer's instructions before using. Recipe suitable to freeze without figs.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021