- 1 (250g) trimmed corn cob
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 250 gram canned creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon japanese soy sauce
- 1 litre (4 cups) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 cup (320g) chopped skinless cooked chicken
- 1 egg white, beaten lightly
- 1Cut kernels from corn cob.
- 2Heat a large non-stick saucepan over medium heat, cook corn kernels with ginger, garlic and half the green onion, stirring, until fragrant.
- 3Add creamed corn, soy sauce and stock, bring to the boil. Add chicken. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Gradually stir in egg white. Season to taste.
- 4Serve soup topped with remaining green onion.
If you don't have salt-reduced chicken stock, replace 1 cup of the stock with water. You will need to buy a barbecued chicken weighing about 900g for this recipe. We have delibrately made this fast and satisfying recipe without oil in order to make it low fat. So ideally you need to use a non-stick saucepan. You could however use a regular pan and spray it with a little cooking oil.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021