- 1 (250g) trimmed corn cob
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 250 gram canned creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon japanese soy sauce
- 1 litre (4 cups) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 cup (320g) chopped skinless cooked chicken
- 1 egg white, beaten lightly
- 1Cut kernels from corn cob.
- 2Heat a large non-stick saucepan over medium heat, cook corn kernels with ginger, garlic and half the green onion, stirring, until fragrant.
- 3Add creamed corn, soy sauce and stock, bring to the boil. Add chicken. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Gradually stir in egg white. Season to taste.
- 4Serve soup topped with remaining green onion.
If you don't have salt-reduced chicken stock, replace 1 cup of the stock with water. You will need to buy a barbecued chicken weighing about 900g for this recipe. We have delibrately made this fast and satisfying recipe without oil in order to make it low fat. So ideally you need to use a non-stick saucepan. You could however use a regular pan and spray it with a little cooking oil.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Savoury apple sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Jerk chickensYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Ice blocks and popsicles to cool you downOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021