- 1 (250g) trimmed corn cob
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 250 gram canned creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon japanese soy sauce
- 1 litre (4 cups) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 cup (320g) chopped skinless cooked chicken
- 1 egg white, beaten lightly
- 1Cut kernels from corn cob.
- 2Heat a large non-stick saucepan over medium heat, cook corn kernels with ginger, garlic and half the green onion, stirring, until fragrant.
- 3Add creamed corn, soy sauce and stock, bring to the boil. Add chicken. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Gradually stir in egg white. Season to taste.
- 4Serve soup topped with remaining green onion.
If you don't have salt-reduced chicken stock, replace 1 cup of the stock with water. You will need to buy a barbecued chicken weighing about 900g for this recipe. We have delibrately made this fast and satisfying recipe without oil in order to make it low fat. So ideally you need to use a non-stick saucepan. You could however use a regular pan and spray it with a little cooking oil.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Sichuan ma po tofuMay 20, 2022
- Rosé sangriaMay 19, 2022
- Romesco sauce with eggplant and zucchiniMay 19, 2022
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingMay 19, 2022
- ChurrosMay 19, 2022
- SangriaMay 19, 2022
- 33 our perfect potato salad collectionMay 19, 2022
- Potato and salmon salad with mustardy dressingMay 19, 2022
- Slow-cooker silverbeet dhalMay 19, 2022
- SpanakopitaMay 19, 2022
- Lamb birriaMay 19, 2022
- Sesame Turkish ring breadsMay 19, 2022
- 42 brilliant brownie recipesMay 19, 2022
- Chilli con carneMay 19, 2022
- 30 easy vegetarian curry recipesMay 19, 2022