- 1/2 cup (150g) quality egg mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet or smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Chicken and chorizo salad
- 1 chorizo, sliced thinly
- 600 gram chicken breast fillets
- 3/4 cup (110g) pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 3 pieces (125g) bottled roasted red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 1/2 small (50g) red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup (55g) toasted almond kernals
- lemon wedges, for serving
Chicken and chorizo salad with garlic mayonnaise
- 1To make garlic mayonnaise, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2Heat a medium frying pan on medium-high heat, cook chorizo in the pan until crisp on the both sides. Remove from pan; drain on absorbent paper.
- 3Sprinkle the chicken with salt; cook chicken in same pan in fat from chorizo until browned on the both sides and just cooked through.
- 4Meanwhile, combine olives, capsicum, onion, parsley, almonds and chorizo in a large bowl.
- 5Divide salad among serving plates, top with sliced chicken and garlic mayonnaise.
- 6Sprinkle with pepper and serve with lemon wedges, if desired
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupYesterday 1:00pm
- 30 sweet slice recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Fresh tomato pizzettasYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022