- 250 gram asparagus, trimmed, halved
- 200 gram minced (ground) chicken
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 270 gram packet wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1 medium lemon (140g)
- 125 gram butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon fresh chervil or small flat-leaf parsley
- 1Boil, steam or microwave asparagus until just tender; drain. When cool enough to handle, coarsely chop stalks (don’t cut asparagus tops).
- 2Combine chicken, oil and asparagus stalks in a medium bowl; season.
- 3Brush wonton wrapper with egg. Place 1 rounded teaspoon of chicken mixture in centre of wrapper; top with another wrapper, press edges together to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers, egg and chicken mixture.
- 4Using a vegetable peeler, thinly peel rind from lemon. Cut rind into narrow strips. Squeeze juice from lemon (you need 2 tablespoons of juice).
- 5Cook ravioli, in batches, in a large saucepan of boiling water, for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through; drain. Divide into bowls.
- 6Heat butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat; cook until butter turns a nut-brown colour. Immediately add garlic, then juice; season. Pour sauce over ravioli; sprinkle with chervil. Serve with grated parmesan, if you like.
Using packaged wonton wrappers makes this dish much easier to assemble. While the ravioli are cooking, stir occasionally to prevent them from sticking together. Uncooked ravioli can be made ahead; cover and refrigerate overnight, or freeze for up to 2 months. If boiling ravioli from frozen, add an extra 5 minutes to the cooking time.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpToday 1:00pm
- French toastToday 1:00pm
- Honey joysToday 1:00pm
- Best burger recipesToday 4:33am
- Butter chickenYesterday 4:00pm
- Vanilla sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiYesterday 1:00pm
- Pho boYesterday 1:00am
- Pickled baby beetrootOct 13, 2019
- Beef stroganoffOct 13, 2019
- Vietnamese meatball and lettuce wrapOct 13, 2019
- Strawberry jelly sliceOct 13, 2019
- Melting momentsOct 10, 2019
- Lamb souvlakiOct 10, 2019
- Pumpkin pieOct 09, 2019