- 2/3 cup (90g) dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cup (100g) dried banana chips
- 750 gram strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/4 cup (40g) chia seeds
- 1Put cranberries in small bowl, cover with boiling water. Cover, stand 10 minutes.
- 2Process banana chips until fine. Transfer to small bowl.
- 3Hull strawberries. Process drained cranberries, strawberries, juice and sugar until smooth.
- 4Pour strawberry mixture into large frying pan, cook, stirring occasionally, over low heat, about 1 hour or until very thick and sticky. Stir in the powdered banana and chia seeds.
- 5Meanwhile, preheat oven to 100°C.
- 6Spread strawberry mixture into a 22cm x 35cm rectangle on sheet of baking paper. Slide paper onto a large oven tray. Bake 2 hours, giving the tray a quarter-turn every 30 minutes. Place another sheet of baking paper onto strawberry mixture, carefully turn over. Bake about 2 hours, giving the tray a quarter-turn every 30 minutes, or until the mixture is no longer sticky.
- 7Cool on tray before cutting into 12 strips. Store rolled up in baking paper.
Store rolled up in baking paper in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. Chia seeds are a gluten-free wholegrain that contain fibre, omega-3 fats and protein, they are very high in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium and calcium. The seeds are available at health food stores and from large supermarkets in the health food aisle.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Best burger recipesToday 4:33am
- Butter chickenYesterday 4:00pm
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiYesterday 1:00pm
- Vanilla sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Pho boYesterday 1:00am
- Pickled baby beetrootOct 13, 2019
- Vietnamese meatball and lettuce wrapOct 13, 2019
- Strawberry jelly sliceOct 13, 2019
- Beef stroganoffOct 13, 2019
- Melting momentsOct 10, 2019
- Lamb souvlakiOct 10, 2019
- Pumpkin pieOct 09, 2019
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese ravioliOct 09, 2019
- Ravioli recipesOct 09, 2019