- 1 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 cup (150g) fresh or frozen seeded cherries, halved
- 2/3 cup (190g) skim-milk yogurt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon rolled oats, toasted
- 1Combine sugar, the water and cherries in medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 2 minutes or until syrup thickens. Cool.
- 2To toast the oats, stir them in a heated small frying pan over medium heat until browned lightly; or roast them in the oven, on an oven tray.
- 3Meanwhile, combine yogurt, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 4Divide half the cherry mixture between two ¾ cup (180ml) glasses. Top with half the yogurt, then remaining cherry mixture and yogurt. Sprinkle with oats just before serving.
You can toast the oats ahead of time, just store the oats in a snap-lock bag and sprinkle over the parfaits just before serving. Parfaits can be made the night before and kept, covered, in the refrigerator.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 14 banana bread recipesToday 6:48am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Tuna mornayToday 12:00am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Quiche LorraineYesterday 10:55pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 9:21pm
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 5:00pm
- Delicious stir-friesYesterday 1:00pm
- Macaroni cheeseYesterday 1:00pm
- Chilli chicken stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast loin of porkYesterday 1:00pm
- 12 sensational san choy bow recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken satay skewers with crunchy saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken schnitzelYesterday 1:00pm