- 1 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 cup (150g) fresh or frozen seeded cherries, halved
- 2/3 cup (190g) skim-milk yogurt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon rolled oats, toasted
- 1Combine sugar, the water and cherries in medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 2 minutes or until syrup thickens. Cool.
- 2To toast the oats, stir them in a heated small frying pan over medium heat until browned lightly; or roast them in the oven, on an oven tray.
- 3Meanwhile, combine yogurt, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 4Divide half the cherry mixture between two ¾ cup (180ml) glasses. Top with half the yogurt, then remaining cherry mixture and yogurt. Sprinkle with oats just before serving.
You can toast the oats ahead of time, just store the oats in a snap-lock bag and sprinkle over the parfaits just before serving. Parfaits can be made the night before and kept, covered, in the refrigerator.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeToday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 10:21pm
- Baked cauliflowerYesterday 2:00pm
- Sensational sweet tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect panna cotta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021