- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 2 tablespoon powdered gelatine
- 1 1/2 cup (330g) caster sugar
- 2/3 cup (230g) glucose syrup
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water, extra
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- few drops red food colouring
- 3/4 cup (120g) icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornflour
- 250 gram cherries, seeded, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1Make cherry jam; place cherries and sugar in a medium saucepan; cook, stirring, over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 12 minutes or until cherries are soft and jammy. Cool.
- 2Lightly grease a 20cm x 30cm slice pan; line base and sides with baking paper, extending the paper 5cm over sides.
- 3Put the water into the bowl of an electric mixer, sprinkle over the gelatine and stir to combine.
- 4Place the sugar, glucose and extra water in a medium saucepan; cook, stirring, over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil. Add a sugar thermometer to pan; boil, without stirring, for 5-7 minutes or until temperature reaches 115°C or soft ball stage. To test if syrup is ready without a thermometer, drop a teaspoon of syrup into a glass of cold water. Gather syrup with your fingers – it should roll into a soft ball.
- 5With mixer operating on high, gradually add the hot syrup to the gelatine mixture in the bowl, in a thin, steady stream. Add the vanilla and colouring, and beat for 12 minutes or until thick and fluffy.
- 6Quickly spoon half the mixture into the prepared pan; spread with cherry Jjam. Cover with remaining mixture; smooth the top. Cover with lightly greased baking paper. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- 7Sift icing sugar and cornflour into a bowl then sift lightly over a sheet of baking paper. Turn the marshmallow out onto the baking paper. Dust top and a knife with icing sugar mixture; cut into squares. You may need to wash and dry knife occasionally.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeToday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 10:21pm
- What food is in season in May?Yesterday 2:00pm
- Sensational sweet tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect panna cotta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Baked cauliflowerYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021