- 1 kilogram (2 pounds) cherries, halved, seeded
- 125 gram (4 ounces) raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 3 cup (660g) white (granulated) sugar, approximately
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1Combine cherries, raspberries, rind, juice and the water in large saucepan, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until cherries are soft.
- 2Measure fruit mixture, allow ¾ cup sugar for each cup of fruit mixture. Return fruit mixture and sugar to pan. Split vanilla bean in half lengthways, add to pan with cinnamon sticks. Stir over high heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, boil, uncovered, without stirring, about 30 minutes or until jam jells when tested. Discard vanilla bean and cinnamon sticks.
- 3Pour hot jam into hot sterilised jars, seal immediately. Label and date jars when cold.
Cherry pitters are available from kitchen supply shops and can also be used for olives. Make a cheat's version by using a chopstick and a bottle with an opening that's smaller than a cherry. Remove the cherry stalk; place the cherry, stalk-side down, over the top of the bottle, and push the tip of the chopstick through the cherry to dislodge the pit into the bottle.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Santa Claus Christmas ice-cream cakeToday 4:33am
- Nutty choc-chip boiled fruit cakesToday 12:51am
- Rum and raisin shortbreadToday 12:48am
- Rice-cooker bibimbapToday 12:29am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- 25 rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesYesterday 1:00pm
- Aussie meat piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Melt-in-the-mouth eggnog shortbreadsYesterday 1:00pm
- Everything you need to know about the Air FryerYesterday 1:00pm
- Teriyaki poke bowlsYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 Christmas recipes that will surprise your guestsYesterday 1:00pm
- Rudolph the reindeer cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 sensational Christmas shortbread variationsYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerYesterday 1:00pm