- 150 grams gingernut snap biscuits (see tips)
- 40 grams butter, melted
- 200 grams fresh cherries
- ¼ cup (60ml) cherry liqueur or Amaretto
- 150 grams amaretti biscuits
- 395 grams canned sweetened condensed milk
- 500 grams crème fraîche
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ⅓ cup (75g) crystallised ginger, chopped (see tips)
- 1Grease an 8cm x 33cm (3¼in x 13¼in) straight-sided loaf cake pan or terrine mould (2.25-litre/9-cup capacity); line base and sides with plastic wrap or two layers of baking paper or foil.
- 2Process ginger biscuits to fine crumbs using the pulse button; add butter and process until combined. Press crumb mixture over base of pan. Freeze while preparing ice-cream.
- 3Freeze half the cherries for decoration. Remove the seeds from remaining cherries; chop coarsely. Place cherries in a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of the liqueur and two-thirds of the crushed amaretti biscuits; stand.
- 4Whisk condensed milk, crème fraîche, vanilla and remaining liqueur in a bowl with an electric mixer for 5 minutes or until thick. Gently fold cream mixture into cherry mixture; fold in half the ginger. Pour over biscuit base, flatten surface; cover tightly with plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight until firm.
- 5Remove ice-cream log from pan; place on a cold platter. Serve topped with frozen cherries, remaining ginger and remaining amaretti biscuits.
We used thin ginger biscuits here. Different brands of ginger biscuits contain varying amounts of butter, so you may need to increase the amount of butter added if the crumbs do not hold together. You can swap the crystallised ginger for chopped dark chocolate, if you prefer.Ice-cream log can be made up to 1 week ahead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeToday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 10:21pm
- Baked cauliflowerYesterday 2:00pm
- Sensational sweet tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect panna cotta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021