Cheesy lentil pies
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 400 gram can diced tomatoes
- 400 gram can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- natural yoghurt, to serve
- salad, to serve
Cheesy lentil pies
- 1Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Lightly grease 8 recesses of a texas muffin pan.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Saute onion, carrot, capsicum and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until onion is tender.
- 3Stir in spices and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Mix in tomatoes and simmer for 4-5 minutes, until thickened slightly. Blend in lentils and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes, until heated through. Cool slightly.
- 4Cut each piece of pastry into quarters. Ease into prepared recesses. Prick bases and bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 5Spoon filling evenly between pastry cases. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden. Serve with yoghurt (or tzatziki, if preferred) and salad.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoyYesterday 2:00pm
- Stuffed capsicumYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced beef nachosYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 2:00pm
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamYesterday 5:00am
- Rosé sangriaSep 23, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeSep 23, 2020
- Gluten-free treats and baked goodsSep 23, 2020
- Beef rissoles and mashSep 23, 2020
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingSep 23, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2020
- Easy choc-chip biscuit recipesSep 23, 2020
- Barbecued salmon with salsa criollaSep 23, 2020