Cheesy lentil pies
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 400 gram can diced tomatoes
- 400 gram can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- natural yoghurt, to serve
- salad, to serve
Cheesy lentil pies
- 1Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Lightly grease 8 recesses of a texas muffin pan.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Saute onion, carrot, capsicum and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until onion is tender.
- 3Stir in spices and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Mix in tomatoes and simmer for 4-5 minutes, until thickened slightly. Blend in lentils and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes, until heated through. Cool slightly.
- 4Cut each piece of pastry into quarters. Ease into prepared recesses. Prick bases and bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 5Spoon filling evenly between pastry cases. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden. Serve with yoghurt (or tzatziki, if preferred) and salad.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chocolate browniesYesterday 1:00pm
- Quick-mix chewy choc-chip cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef rissoles and mashYesterday 1:00pm
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021