- 100 gram butter, chopped
- 150 gram dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 3/4 cup (110g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) self-raising flour
- 250 gram cream cheese, softened, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon flaked almonds, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 20cm-square cake pan, line the base side with baking paper.
- 2Place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water; stir until melted.
- 3Beat the egg and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. Gradually stir in the chocolate mixture and sifted flours.
- 4Spread mixture into prepared pan; bake for about 10 minutes or until just firm to touch.
- 5Meanwhile, make cheesecake topping: Beat cheese, vanilla extract and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth; add the cream, beat until thick. Add the egg and beat until just combined.
- 6Pour the cheesecake topping over the brownie base, sprinkle with almonds. Bake for a further 15 minutes or until set; cool.
- 7Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Japanese chicken schnitzel toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Mulled wine pork with red cabbageYesterday 2:00pm
- Enchilada bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- 24 sour cream cakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Reuben jaffleYesterday 2:00pm
- Our 20 best tea cakes for your favourite cuppaYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 easy toastie recipes the whole family will enjoyYesterday 3:00am
- Easy combination fried riceJun 21, 2021
- Chocolate chip cookiesJun 21, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021