- 12 egg whites
- 4 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chervil, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (40g) reduced-fat cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1/3 cup (35g) reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated
- 4 slice (180g) soy-linseed bread, toasted
- 1Preheat grill (broiler).
- 2Beat a quarter of the egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form, fold in a quarter of the combined onion and herbs.
- 3Pour mixture into 20cm (8-inch) heated lightly oiled non-stick frying pan, cook, uncovered, over low heat until omelette is browned lightly underneath.
- 4Sprinkle a quarter of the combined cheeses on half of the omelette. Place pan under preheated grill (broiler) until cheese begins to melt and omelette sets, fold omelette over to completely cover cheese. Carefully slide onto serving plate; cover to keep warm.
- 5Repeat process three times with remaining egg white, onion and herb mixture, and cheese. Serve omelettes with toast and extra chopped herbs.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chilli barbecued haloumi recipe with zucchini saladYesterday 4:00pm
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceMar 21, 2019
- Pommes AnnaMar 20, 2019
- Chocolate Easter frecklesMar 20, 2019
- Noughts and crosses chocolate chip easter bunsMar 20, 2019
- 7 creative ways to take damper to the next levelMar 19, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 18, 2019
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019