- 12 egg whites
- 4 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chervil, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (40g) reduced-fat cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1/3 cup (35g) reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated
- 4 slice (180g) soy-linseed bread, toasted
- 1Preheat grill (broiler).
- 2Beat a quarter of the egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form, fold in a quarter of the combined onion and herbs.
- 3Pour mixture into 20cm (8-inch) heated lightly oiled non-stick frying pan, cook, uncovered, over low heat until omelette is browned lightly underneath.
- 4Sprinkle a quarter of the combined cheeses on half of the omelette. Place pan under preheated grill (broiler) until cheese begins to melt and omelette sets, fold omelette over to completely cover cheese. Carefully slide onto serving plate; cover to keep warm.
- 5Repeat process three times with remaining egg white, onion and herb mixture, and cheese. Serve omelettes with toast and extra chopped herbs.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Bread and butter picklesJan 14, 2019
- Scrambled tofu wrapsJan 14, 2019
- Vegan "shepherdless" pieJan 14, 2019
- Sashimi tuna poke bowlJan 14, 2019
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsJan 10, 2019
- Prawn, kale, and chickpea tabboulehJan 10, 2019
- Classic carrot cake with cream cheese frostingJan 10, 2019
- Sweet potato brownies with espresso toppingJan 10, 2019
- Kale and quinoa frittataJan 10, 2019
- Sage & zucchini-wrapped haloumi saladJan 09, 2019
- Soft polenta with mushroom raguJan 09, 2019
- Spaghetti squash con quesoJan 09, 2019
- Mango cheesecake tart with palm sugar syrupJan 09, 2019