Looking for more Christmas desserts?
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- ¼ cup (60ml) boiling water
- 1½ tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 600 ml thickened (heavy) cream
- 2½ cups (400g) pure icing (confectioners') sugar, sifted
- 500 grams mascarpone
- ¼ cup (45g) chocolate-coated coffee beans, chopped, plus extra, to serve
- 1 cup (140g) honey-roasted macadamias, chopped coarsely
- 30 store-bought chocolates, such as truffles, to decorate
- 250 grams chocolate chip biscuits
- 1 cup (100g) chocolate-coated malt balls
- 60 grams butter, melted
- 1Grease a 24cm (9½in) springform pan; line base and side with baking paper. Wrap a 9cm (3¾in) round ramekin (or other straight-sided round dish) with a double layer of plastic wrap. Grease plastic; place in centre of pan.
- 2Combine coffee and the boiling water in a small jug. Stir to dissolve, then stir in liqueur. Cool.
- 3Beat cream and icing sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in mascarpone, coffee beans and ¾ cup of the macadamias, then fold in coffee mixture until just combined.
- 4Spoon mixture into prepared pan; smooth the top. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- 5Meanwhile, make biscuit base. Process the biscuits and malt balls until coarse crumbs; add butter; process briefly to combine.
- 6Press biscuit mixture over top of ice-cream to form a smooth surface. Freeze overnight.
- 7To serve, remove ramekin and release the side from the pan (if necessary, rub outside of cake pan with a hot damp cloth). Place inverted plate on top of ice-cream and turn over. Remove the bottom of the pan and cover with a serving plate; turn over. Top ice-cream with remaining macadamias, chocolates, truffles and extra chocolate-coated coffee beans. Dust wreath with a little sifted cocoa powder, if you like.
You will need to start this recipe a day ahead.Wreath can be made up to 3 days ahead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Piri piri chickenDec 02, 2021
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesDec 02, 2021
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeDec 02, 2021
- Chocolate fig panforteDec 02, 2021
- Christmas candy cane sliceDec 02, 2021
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021