- 36 scallops (900g), roe removed
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 corn cobs (800g), trimmed
- 200 gram grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado (320g), chopped coarsely
- 1 red onion (170g), chopped finely
- 1 green capsicum (200g), chopped finely
- 2 fresh small red thai (serrano) chillies, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 8 x 15cm white corn tortillas
- lime wedges, to serve
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1Combine scallops, garlic, juice and oil in a large bowl. Cover; refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- 2Make lime dressing. Place ingredients in a screw-top jar; shake well.
- 3Cook corn on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until browned lightly and just tender. When cool enough to handle, cut kernels from cobs. Combine corn kernels in a large bowl with tomato, avocado, onion, capsicum, chilli, coriander and dressing; season to taste.
- 4Cook drained scallops, in batches, on a heated grill plate until browned lightly and cooked as desired. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- 5Using tongs, place tortillas, briefly, one at a time, on grill plate to lightly brown both sides (work quickly as the tortillas will toughen if they are overcooked). Wrap tortillas in a clean tea towel to keep warm.
- 6Serve scallops with corn salsa, tortillas and lime wedges.
You can soak unshucked corn cobs in a pan of cold water for an hour or so. Pull back the husks without removing them then remove the silk. Brush melted butter over the kernels then re-cover the cob with the husk. Put the corn directly onto a hot barbecue grill for 10 minutes, turning once; the result is delicious.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Aromatic Vietnamese beef curryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chicken parmigianaYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious chicken drumstick recipe ideasYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella TiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Pad ThaiYesterday 1:00pm
- Boston baked beansYesterday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesYesterday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesYesterday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceYesterday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesJan 26, 2021