Champagne fruit salad
- 1/2 papaya, peeled, seeded, sliced
- 1/2 honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, sliced
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, thinly sliced
- 250 gram punnet strawberries, halved
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced
- 1 cup sparkling white wine
Mint lime granita
- 2 cup water
- 1/3 cup lime juice, plus 4 wide strips zest
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 peppermint teabag
- 1/4 cup chopped mint, plus extra chopped, and leaves, to serve
Champagne fruit salad with mint lime granita
- 1Combine fruit in a large non-metal bowl. Pour wine over. Chill, covered, until required.
- 2To make mint lime granita, combine water, lime and sugar in medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 3Add zest and teabag and bring to simmering point. Remove from heat to infuse for 3-4 minutes. Remove teabag and zest. Allow to cool. Stir in mint and transfer to a shallow metal tray. Freeze for 2-3 hours until firm.
- 4Spoon fruit salad among glasses or onto platter. Using a fork, scrape along granita to form ice chips. Spoon over fruit. Serve with extra mint.
Remove granita from freezer just before serving. Start scraping at far edge of tray, and work towards you.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020