- 1 small cauliflower (1kg), trimmed, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup (30g) coarsely grated cheddar
- 1 free-range egg, beaten lightly
- 3/4 cup (60g) coarsely grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup (130g) tomato passata
- 2 small zucchini (180g), sliced thinly
- 100 gram buffalo mozzarella, torn coarsely
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind or strips
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper; mark a 22cm round on paper, turn paper over.
- 2Process cauliflower until finely chopped. Place in a microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap; microwave on HIGH (100%) for 12 minutes or until tender. (Alternatively steam cauliflower, but do not boil it as this will make the crust too soggy). Drain. When cool enough to handle, place cauliflower in the centre of a clean tea towel. Gather ends together, then squeeze excess moisture from cauliflower.
- 3Combine cauliflower, cheddar, egg and ¼ cup of the parmesan in a large bowl; season. Shape cauliflower mixture into marked rounds on trays; smooth the surface. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- 4Spread bases with passata, half each of the zucchini and basil, then chilli, mozzarella and remaining parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- 5Meanwhile, combine oil, rind, juice and remaining zucchini and basil in a medium bowl; season to taste.
- 6Serve pizzas topped with zucchini salad.
Passata is sieved tomato puree sold alongside other bottled pasta sauces in most supermarkets. You can use your favourite pasta sauce instead, if you prefer. If you have one, use a zester to create strips of lemon rind. If you don't have one, peel two long, wide strips of rind from the lemon, without the white pith, then cut them lengthways into thin strips.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 27 delicious ways to use pesto in your recipesYesterday 12:03am
- RatatouilleApr 08, 2020
- Easter lunch recipesApr 08, 2020
- Vegetarian eggplant recipesApr 08, 2020
- Scone recipesApr 07, 2020
- PikeletsApr 07, 2020
- Delicious cornflake cookies and slicesApr 07, 2020
- Easter baking ideasApr 07, 2020
- White sauceApr 07, 2020
- Beef bourguignon and potato pieApr 07, 2020
- Gluten-free sconesApr 07, 2020
- 20 classic baking recipesApr 07, 2020
- Irish soda bread rollsApr 07, 2020
- Sausage casseroleApr 07, 2020
- Melting momentsApr 06, 2020