- 1 small cauliflower (1kg), quartered
- 2½ cups (500g) puffed millet (see swap it)
- ½ cup (50g) walnuts
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 250 grams haloumi, grated coarsely
- ¾ cup (115g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 4 eggs, beaten lightly
- ½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil, for shallow-frying
- 400 grams bottle arrabbiata pasta sauce
- 250 grams broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
- ½ cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- ½ cup (50g) walnuts, toasted
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated vegetarian parmesan-style cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil; cook cauliflower for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain carefully, taking care to keep quarters intact. Rinse under cold water, drain again; pat dry.
- 3To make crumb coating, pulse millet, walnuts, parsley and half the haloumi in a food processor until just combined but still chopped coarsely.
- 4Toss cauliflower in seasoned flour to coat; shake to remove excess. Dip in egg, then toss in crumb coating mixture.
- 5Heat olive oil in a large deep frying pan. Cook cauliflower, in two batches, for 2 minutes on each side or until golden; drain on paper towel.
- 6Divide cauliflower among four shallow 1½ cup (375ml) ovenproof dishes; spoon over pasta sauce, then top with remaining haloumi. Season. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese melts and turns golden.
- 7Meanwhile, make broccoli pesto. Process ingredients until smooth; season. (Makes 1¾ cups.)
- 8Serve parmigiana warm, topped with pesto and extra basil leaves.
Use quinoa puffs or puffed rice instead of puffed millet, if preferred.Refrigerate leftover pesto in an airtight container covered with a thin layer of olive oil for up to 2 days; it will discolour if not used straight after making, but is still delicious.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Thermomix Swedish meatballs with gravy and horseradish mashYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- DukkahJan 13, 2022