- 250 gram wholegrain sourdough bread, torn
- 1 large cauliflower, trimmed, 2cm slices
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- oil, for shallow frying
- 1 cup arrabiata pasta sauce
- 2/3 cup grated gruyere cheese
Roasted carrot and chickpea salad
- 1 bunch mixed heirloom baby carrots, peeled
- 400 gram can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 750 gram packet sweet potato frozen chips
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoon honey
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
Cauliflower parma and roasted carrot salad
- 1In a food processor, pulse bread until crumbs fine crumbs form.
- 2Dust cauliflower in flour, shaking off excess. Dip into egg, then press into sour dough crumbs to coat. Place on a plate and chill for 20 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven 200°C. Line a large baking dish.
- 4To make salad; place carrots, chickpeas and fries in a large baking dish. Pour over combined oil, honey, garlic and chilli, tossing to coat. Season. Roast for 25-30 minutes until golden.
- 5Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat oil on high. Cook schnitzels for 2-3 minutes each side until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- 6Transfer cauliflower schnitzels to a large, shallow, casserole dish. Spoon over pasta sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10 minutes until golden.
- 7Serve schnitzels with carrot and chickpea salad, scattered with mint leaves.
Pasta sauce of choice can be used in place of arrabiata.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeToday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019