- 250 gram wholegrain sourdough bread, torn
- 1 large cauliflower, trimmed, 2cm slices
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- oil, for shallow frying
- 1 cup arrabiata pasta sauce
- 2/3 cup grated gruyere cheese
Roasted carrot and chickpea salad
- 1 bunch mixed heirloom baby carrots, peeled
- 400 gram can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 750 gram packet sweet potato frozen chips
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoon honey
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
Cauliflower parma and roasted carrot salad
- 1In a food processor, pulse bread until crumbs fine crumbs form.
- 2Dust cauliflower in flour, shaking off excess. Dip into egg, then press into sour dough crumbs to coat. Place on a plate and chill for 20 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven 200°C. Line a large baking dish.
- 4To make salad; place carrots, chickpeas and fries in a large baking dish. Pour over combined oil, honey, garlic and chilli, tossing to coat. Season. Roast for 25-30 minutes until golden.
- 5Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat oil on high. Cook schnitzels for 2-3 minutes each side until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- 6Transfer cauliflower schnitzels to a large, shallow, casserole dish. Spoon over pasta sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10 minutes until golden.
- 7Serve schnitzels with carrot and chickpea salad, scattered with mint leaves.
Pasta sauce of choice can be used in place of arrabiata.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsToday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsToday 1:00pm
- Celebrate the Chinese New Year with these good-luck dishesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020