- 1/2 medium (700g) cauliflower, florets coarsely chopped, stems discarded
- 1 1/2 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/2 tablespoon chinese five-spice powder
- 1 large carrot (180g), halved lengthways, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1 medium red onion (170g), cut into thin wedges
- 300 gram broccolini, halved crossways
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 1Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until cut into rice-sized pieces. Steam or microwave for 6 minutes or until just tender, season to taste.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a large wok on high heat; add 1 teaspoon of the coconut oil, swirl wok to coat with oil. Add egg; swirl wok to form a thin omelette. Cook until omelette is just set; transfer to a clean chopping board. Roll tightly; cut into thin strips.
- 3Add half the remaining oil to wok; stir-fry cauliflower and five-spice powder for 2 minutes or until browned lightly; transfer to a plate.
- 4Heat remaining oil in wok; stir-fry carrot and red onion for 4 minutes or until just tender. Add broccolini and the water; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just tender. Add garlic, ginger and half the green onion; stir-fry until fragrant. Add cauliflower and sesame oil; stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through. Season to taste.
- 5Serve cauliflower fried rice immediately, topped with omelette strips, chilli and remaining green onion.
Other vegetables such as red cabbage and capsicum can be used instead of carrot and broccolini in this recipe, and, if you are not on a paleo diet, peas and beans. Too hot to handle? Remove the chilli seeds if you prefer a milder heat.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceMar 21, 2019
- Pommes AnnaMar 20, 2019
- Chocolate Easter frecklesMar 20, 2019
- Noughts and crosses chocolate chip easter bunsMar 20, 2019
- 7 creative ways to take damper to the next levelMar 19, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 18, 2019
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Chamomile honey cakeMar 07, 2019