- 1/2 medium (700g) cauliflower, florets coarsely chopped, stems discarded
- 1 1/2 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/2 tablespoon chinese five-spice powder
- 1 large carrot (180g), halved lengthways, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1 medium red onion (170g), cut into thin wedges
- 300 gram broccolini, halved crossways
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 1Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until cut into rice-sized pieces. Steam or microwave for 6 minutes or until just tender, season to taste.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a large wok on high heat; add 1 teaspoon of the coconut oil, swirl wok to coat with oil. Add egg; swirl wok to form a thin omelette. Cook until omelette is just set; transfer to a clean chopping board. Roll tightly; cut into thin strips.
- 3Add half the remaining oil to wok; stir-fry cauliflower and five-spice powder for 2 minutes or until browned lightly; transfer to a plate.
- 4Heat remaining oil in wok; stir-fry carrot and red onion for 4 minutes or until just tender. Add broccolini and the water; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just tender. Add garlic, ginger and half the green onion; stir-fry until fragrant. Add cauliflower and sesame oil; stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through. Season to taste.
- 5Serve cauliflower fried rice immediately, topped with omelette strips, chilli and remaining green onion.
Other vegetables such as red cabbage and capsicum can be used instead of carrot and broccolini in this recipe, and, if you are not on a paleo diet, peas and beans. Too hot to handle? Remove the chilli seeds if you prefer a milder heat.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salted honeycombMay 24, 2019
- Chorizo and tomato omelette with chilli beansMay 23, 2019
- Croque monsieurMay 22, 2019
- Osso buco with gremolataMay 22, 2019
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin marmaladeMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and chai soufflesMay 20, 2019
- Magical mandarin recipesMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019