- ½ cup (100g) pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels)
- ½ cup (75g) sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup (35g) sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons linseeds (flaxseeds)
- 700 grams cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup (140g) tahini
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- rice bran oil, for deep-frying
- 1 small red onion (100g), sliced thinly
- 250 grams grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 140 grams persian fetta, crumbled
- 400 grams can chickpeas, undrained
- ¼ cup (70g) tahini
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1To make salad, place onion, tomatoes and vinegar in a small bowl; stand for 30 minutes. Drain. Stir in fetta.
- 2To make hummus, process chickpeas and canning liquid
with remaining ingredients until smooth.
- 3Heat a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook pepitas and seeds, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sesame
seeds are golden.
- 4Process toasted seeds with cauliflower, ¼ cup (60ml) water and remaining ingredients (except rice bran oil) until a coarse paste forms; season well. Using two dessert spoons, shape mixture into 30 falafel; place on a baking-paper-lined tray.
- 5Fill a medium saucepan two-thirds full with oil, heat to 160°C (or until a cube of bread browns in 25 seconds). Fry falafel, in batches, for 5 minutes or until dark golden and cooked through. Remove falafel with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towel.
- 6Spoon hummus onto plates, top with falafel and salad. Top with extra mint and parsley leaves, if you like. Season.
Psyllium husks are available at vitamin and health food stores, as well as large supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Kung pao chickenYesterday 1:00pm
- Vegan dulce de lecheYesterday 1:00pm
- Tom yum soupYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Delicious savoury crepes and pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Easy recipe ideas using chicken thighsFeb 22, 2021
- Nasi lemakFeb 22, 2021
- Savoury buckwheat pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Hollandaise sauceFeb 22, 2021