- 1 kg cauliflower, cut into 1.5cm slices
- ½ cup (75g) plain flour, seasoned
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1½ cups (90g) panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan-style cheese
- cooking-oil spray
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- 180 grams bocconcini, torn
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion (200g), chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 400 grams can diced tomatoes
- 410 grams can tomato puree
- 400 grams can brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Coat cauliflower slices in flour; shake away excess. Dip slices in egg, then in combined breadcrumbs and parmesan to coat; place on lined tray. Spray cauliflower liberally with cooking-oil spray. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3Meanwhile, make lentil bolognese. Heat oil in a large deep frying pan over medium heat; cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned lightly. Stir in garlic, basil, oregano, canned tomatoes and puree; simmer for 5 minutes. Add lentils; simmer, covered, for 4 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season.
- 4Place cauliflower in a shallow ovenproof dish; spoon lentil bolognese over cauliflower. Top with cherry tomatoes and bocconcini; season. Bake for 15 minutes or until bocconcini bubbles and has melted. Serve topped with basil. Season to taste.
Because of the shape of a whole cauliflower, you will get irregular-sized slices from the cauliflower.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 22 vegetarian lasagne recipesYesterday 6:40am
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeYesterday 6:02am
- Classic beef lasagneJun 26, 2022
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniJun 26, 2022
- Our best spaghetti bologneseJun 26, 2022
- Leek and mushroom lasagneJun 26, 2022
- 21 beautiful baked salmon recipesJun 26, 2022
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinJun 26, 2022
- Traditional Greek recipesJun 26, 2022
- Gluten-free smoky chicken and corn pieJun 26, 2022
- Roast beef with yorkshire puddingsJun 26, 2022
- 27 gluten-free dinnersJun 26, 2022
- Lasagne recipe collectionJun 26, 2022
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelJun 26, 2022