- 2 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 440 gram crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cup peeled and grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 250 gram cream cheese
- 1/2 cup icing mixture
- 100 gram white chocolate
Carrot cake with white chocolate icing
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease a 17cm x 24cm slice pan and line with baking paper. Sift self raising flour, bicarbonate of soda and ground cinnamon in to a large bowl.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, vegetable oil, and caster sugar until pale. Fold through the dry ingredients, alternating pineapple, carrot and walnuts.
- 3Bake 55-60 minutes or until just cooked through.
- 4To make the icing: beat cream cheese with icing mixture. Slowly fold melted and cooled chocolate. Cover cake with icing.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021