- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 scoop vanilla ice-cream
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped roasted pecans
- 2 tablespoon caramel sauce
- 1Whisk flour, sugar, oil, carrot, spice and egg in a 1½ cup microwave-safe mug (see tips).
- 2Microwave on medium heat (50%) for 1½ minutes, or until cake is cooked when a skewer inserted at centrec omes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes.
- 3Serve topped with ice-cream, pecans and caramel sauce.
Ensure you use a microwave-safe mug. We used 1½-cup capacity, straight-sided mugs that were 9cm high and 8cm (top measurement) in diameter. We also used an 800-watt microwave on Medium (50%) power. Cooking times may vary. Don’t be tempted to keep cooking longer than specified, as cakes will continue to cook while standing.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mixed berry clafoutisYesterday 12:14am
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019
- Berry and coconut chia puddingAug 07, 2019
- 22 pasta recipesAug 07, 2019
- Roast vegetable spelt pastaAug 06, 2019
- 10 easy bread recipesAug 06, 2019
- Slow-cooked lamb with braised green beansAug 06, 2019
- Chicken dinner recipesAug 06, 2019