- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 scoop vanilla ice-cream
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped roasted pecans
- 2 tablespoon caramel sauce
- 1Whisk flour, sugar, oil, carrot, spice and egg in a 1½ cup microwave-safe mug (see tips).
- 2Microwave on medium heat (50%) for 1½ minutes, or until cake is cooked when a skewer inserted at centrec omes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes.
- 3Serve topped with ice-cream, pecans and caramel sauce.
Ensure you use a microwave-safe mug. We used 1½-cup capacity, straight-sided mugs that were 9cm high and 8cm (top measurement) in diameter. We also used an 800-watt microwave on Medium (50%) power. Cooking times may vary. Don’t be tempted to keep cooking longer than specified, as cakes will continue to cook while standing.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020