- 2 cup (400g) coarsely chopped mango
- 1 large banana (230g), chopped coarsely
- 1 whole young coconut (1.1kg)
- 1 small lime (70g)
- 1 medium peach (150g), seed removed, quartered
- 1 passionfruit
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 250 gram strawberries, halved
- 2 small bananas (260g), extra, sliced
- 1 passionfruit, extra
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds, extra
Carmen Miranda smoothie bowl
- 1Place mango and banana in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- 2Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the top off the coconut. Pour water from centre of coconut through a sieve into a jug. You need 2 cups (500ml) coconut water. Place coconut on a board; cut in half with a cleaver or heavy knife. Use a spoon to scoop out the white flesh.
- 3Cut lime in half; cut one half in half again. Reserve wedges for serving. Thickly peel remaining half.
- 4Blend coconut water and flesh, frozen mango and banana, peeled lime, half the peach, the passionfruit pulp and chia seeds in a high-powered blender until smooth.
- 5Pour into serving bowls. Serve topped with halved strawberries, sliced extra banana, remaining peach wedges, extra passionfruit pulp, extra chia seeds and reserved lime wedges.
The young coconut should be heavy and when shaken, should be completely full with water. The coconut flesh should be white; if flesh is purple or brown-tinged, don't use it. You need about 2 medium mangoes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019
- Gluten-free buckwheat waffles with golden syrupFeb 10, 2019
- How to cook burghulFeb 10, 2019
- Vegetable lasagneFeb 10, 2019