- 2 cup (400g) coarsely chopped mango
- 1 large banana (230g), chopped coarsely
- 1 whole young coconut (1.1kg)
- 1 small lime (70g)
- 1 medium peach (150g), seed removed, quartered
- 1 passionfruit
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 250 gram strawberries, halved
- 2 small bananas (260g), extra, sliced
- 1 passionfruit, extra
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds, extra
Carmen Miranda smoothie bowl
- 1Place mango and banana in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- 2Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the top off the coconut. Pour water from centre of coconut through a sieve into a jug. You need 2 cups (500ml) coconut water. Place coconut on a board; cut in half with a cleaver or heavy knife. Use a spoon to scoop out the white flesh.
- 3Cut lime in half; cut one half in half again. Reserve wedges for serving. Thickly peel remaining half.
- 4Blend coconut water and flesh, frozen mango and banana, peeled lime, half the peach, the passionfruit pulp and chia seeds in a high-powered blender until smooth.
- 5Pour into serving bowls. Serve topped with halved strawberries, sliced extra banana, remaining peach wedges, extra passionfruit pulp, extra chia seeds and reserved lime wedges.
The young coconut should be heavy and when shaken, should be completely full with water. The coconut flesh should be white; if flesh is purple or brown-tinged, don't use it. You need about 2 medium mangoes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020