- 1 medium (1.5kg) pineapple, peeled
- 50 gram butter
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup (35g) coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1Cut pineapple into quarters lengthways; remove the core. Cut each quarter into 4 long wedges.
- 2Heat 20g of the butter in a large, non- stick frypan over medium-high heat. Add pineapple; cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. (You may need to do this in batches). Remove from pan; cover with foil to keep warm.
- 3Add the remaining butter, sugar and cardamom to the pan. Stir to combine. Simmer, uncovered, over a medium heat until thickened.
- 4Place 2-3 pineapple wedges on each serving plate. Drizzle with the sauce and sprinkle with pistachios. Serve with vanilla ice-cream, if desired.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022