- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 300 gram lamb fillets
- 2 medium red onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon polenta
- 1 bought pizza base
- 1/3 cup (90g) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (50g) coarsely grated mozzarella cheese
- 50 gram baby rocket leaves
- 1Heat oil in frying pan over high heat; cook lamb until browned all over (lamb will be rare). Remove from pan.
- 2Reduce heat to low. Add onion to same pan; cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until soft. Add vinegar and sugar; cook 10 minutes, until caramelised.
- 3Preheat oven to 240°C. Brush a 30cm pizza tray with a little olive oil; sprinkle with polenta.
- 4Place pizza base on prepared tray. Spread with tomato paste; sprinkle with combined cheeses. Top with onion mixture.
- 5Bake on a lower shelf for 10 minutes (cover loosely with foil if onions are over-browning).
- 6Slice cooled lamb thinly. Remove pizza from oven. Reduce oven to 200°C. Top pizza with lamb; slide pizza directly onto oven racks. Bake 5 minutes, or until the base is crisp. Serve topped with rocket.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesYesterday 1:54am
- Christmas in July recipesYesterday 1:30am
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020