- 500 grams minced (ground) pork
- 1 cup (100g) breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- ½ cup (150g) store-bought caramelised onion
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 1 egg, beaten lightly, extra
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, extra
- HP sauce, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Combine pork, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, dill, caraway seeds and caramelised onion in a large bowl; season well.
- 3Cut pastry sheets in half. Spoon or pipe pork mixture lengthways along centre of each pastry piece; roll pastry over to enclose filling. Cut each roll into four pieces; place rolls, seam-side down, on trays. Brush pastry with a little of the extra egg; sprinkle with extra seeds.
- 4Bake sausage rolls for 30 minutes or until puffed and cooked through.
- 5Serve sausage rolls warm with sauce.
Sausage rolls can be prepared to the end of step 3 a day ahead. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to bake. They can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 14 party recipes that are perfect for your next gatheringYesterday 5:18am
- South-East Asian dinner recipesMay 31, 2020
- Peach galetteMay 31, 2020
- What food is in season in June?May 31, 2020
- Pineapple upside-down cakeMay 31, 2020
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterMay 31, 2020
- Impossible pieMay 31, 2020
- Pumpkin sconesMay 31, 2020
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesMay 31, 2020
- Custard tartMay 31, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 31, 2020
- Banana cake recipesMay 31, 2020
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020