- 500 grams minced (ground) pork
- 1 cup (100g) breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- ½ cup (150g) store-bought caramelised onion
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 1 egg, beaten lightly, extra
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, extra
- HP sauce, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Combine pork, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, dill, caraway seeds and caramelised onion in a large bowl; season well.
- 3Cut pastry sheets in half. Spoon or pipe pork mixture lengthways along centre of each pastry piece; roll pastry over to enclose filling. Cut each roll into four pieces; place rolls, seam-side down, on trays. Brush pastry with a little of the extra egg; sprinkle with extra seeds.
- 4Bake sausage rolls for 30 minutes or until puffed and cooked through.
- 5Serve sausage rolls warm with sauce.
Sausage rolls can be prepared to the end of step 3 a day ahead. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to bake. They can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021