- 500 grams minced (ground) pork
- 1 cup (100g) breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- ½ cup (150g) store-bought caramelised onion
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 1 egg, beaten lightly, extra
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, extra
- HP sauce, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Combine pork, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, dill, caraway seeds and caramelised onion in a large bowl; season well.
- 3Cut pastry sheets in half. Spoon or pipe pork mixture lengthways along centre of each pastry piece; roll pastry over to enclose filling. Cut each roll into four pieces; place rolls, seam-side down, on trays. Brush pastry with a little of the extra egg; sprinkle with extra seeds.
- 4Bake sausage rolls for 30 minutes or until puffed and cooked through.
- 5Serve sausage rolls warm with sauce.
Sausage rolls can be prepared to the end of step 3 a day ahead. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to bake. They can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesYesterday 9:16pm
- Embrace eggplant with these tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chopped tomato salad with sesame saltYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Flourless chocolate, prune & hazelnut cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Dark chocolate mud cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Sesame chicken katsu saladFeb 13, 2020
- How to: BarbecueFeb 13, 2020
- Apricot and tahini bliss ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Choc-nut brownie ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Vegetable gado gado with peanut sauceFeb 13, 2020
- Loaded potato saladFeb 13, 2020
- Shepherdless pieFeb 13, 2020