- 2 x 360g (11½-ounce) packets plain or chocolate chip Belgian waffles
- 2 x 380g (12-ounce) cans caramel top 'n' fill
- 500 grams (1 pound) cream cheese, chopped, softened
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur (optional, see tips)
- 2 x 50g (1½-ounce) chocolate-coated honeycomb bars, chopped coarsely
- 3 medium oranges (720g), peeled, sliced thinly
- 2 mandarins, peeled, segmented (see tips)
- 1 cup (250ml) bottled salted caramel sauce
- 1Grease a 24cm (9½-inch) round springform pan; line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 3cm (1¼ inches) beyond rim.
- 2Trim waffles straight lengthways, following the natural waffle pattern. Place approximately five waffles, lengthways around inside edge of pan to create a collar. Trim remaining waffles horizontally on both sides to flatten and remove waffle pattern; place in base of pan, trimming to fit.
- 3Beat caramel, cream cheese and liqueur in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and well combined. Fold in half the honeycomb bar. Spoon mixture into the waffle-lined pan; smooth level. Freeze overnight.
- 4To serve, top cake with orange slices, mandarin segments and remaining honeycomb bar. Drizzle with a little caramel sauce. Serve frozen slices, drizzled with remaining sauce.
If fresh mandarins are unavailable, you can use 310g (10 ounces) canned mandarin segments. Amaretto is an almond-flavoured liqueur. You could also use an orange, coffee or hazelnut-flavoured liqueur instead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022