- 2 x 360g (11½-ounce) packets plain or chocolate chip Belgian waffles
- 2 x 380g (12-ounce) cans caramel top 'n' fill
- 500 grams (1 pound) cream cheese, chopped, softened
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur (optional, see tips)
- 2 x 50g (1½-ounce) chocolate-coated honeycomb bars, chopped coarsely
- 3 medium oranges (720g), peeled, sliced thinly
- 2 mandarins, peeled, segmented (see tips)
- 1 cup (250ml) bottled salted caramel sauce
- 1Grease a 24cm (9½-inch) round springform pan; line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 3cm (1¼ inches) beyond rim.
- 2Trim waffles straight lengthways, following the natural waffle pattern. Place approximately five waffles, lengthways around inside edge of pan to create a collar. Trim remaining waffles horizontally on both sides to flatten and remove waffle pattern; place in base of pan, trimming to fit.
- 3Beat caramel, cream cheese and liqueur in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and well combined. Fold in half the honeycomb bar. Spoon mixture into the waffle-lined pan; smooth level. Freeze overnight.
- 4To serve, top cake with orange slices, mandarin segments and remaining honeycomb bar. Drizzle with a little caramel sauce. Serve frozen slices, drizzled with remaining sauce.
If fresh mandarins are unavailable, you can use 310g (10 ounces) canned mandarin segments. Amaretto is an almond-flavoured liqueur. You could also use an orange, coffee or hazelnut-flavoured liqueur instead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020