- 2 large red capsicums (bell peppers) (700g)
- 1 kilogram (2 pounds) potatoes, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 40 gram (1½ ounces) butter
- 1Quarter and seed capsicums; roast on oiled heated grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until lightly charred. Slice thinly.
- 2Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave potato until tender; drain. Mash with cream and butter until smooth; stir in capsicum.
For perfectly creamy mash, push the cooked potato through a ricer or fine sieve into a medium bowl then stir in the butter and warmed cream. Stir crumbled feta or goat's cheese into the mash for extra richness.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cheese and silverbeet borekYesterday 2:00pm
- 42 perfect puddingsYesterday 2:00pm
- 39 amazing avocado recipes that are more than just guac or smashYesterday 12:59am
- 35 very vegetarian pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022
- 44 perfect pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022
- 41 creative ideas with cabbageJun 28, 2022
- 26 easy chicken pasta recipesJun 28, 2022
- Chicken and fennel tray bakeJun 28, 2022
- Soft polentaJun 28, 2022
- Shaved cabbage with pecorino balsamicJun 28, 2022
- Princess-themed birthday cakesJun 28, 2022
- Over-the-top chocolate and macadamia browniesJun 27, 2022