- 2 large red capsicums (bell peppers) (700g)
- 1 kilogram (2 pounds) potatoes, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 40 gram (1½ ounces) butter
- 1Quarter and seed capsicums; roast on oiled heated grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until lightly charred. Slice thinly.
- 2Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave potato until tender; drain. Mash with cream and butter until smooth; stir in capsicum.
For perfectly creamy mash, push the cooked potato through a ricer or fine sieve into a medium bowl then stir in the butter and warmed cream. Stir crumbled feta or goat's cheese into the mash for extra richness.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- South-East Asian dinner recipesYesterday 11:51pm
- Peach galetteYesterday 2:00pm
- What food is in season in June?Yesterday 2:00pm
- Pineapple upside-down cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterYesterday 2:00pm
- Impossible pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Banana cake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020