- 375 gram softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 2/3 cup sifted icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cup sifted self-raising flour
- 125 gram softened butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon kahlua or other coffee liqueur
- 3 teaspoon instant coffee
- shaved chocolate, to decorate
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper patty cases.
- 2In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, beat all ingredients except chocolate together to combine. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes or until mixture is creamy.
- 3Divide mixture evenly between cases. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cooked when tested (a skewer inserted should come out clean). Cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4ICING: In a small mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and vanilla together, until smooth. Gradually add icing sugar, beating until creamy.
- 5Transfer icing to a piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain nozzle. Pipe icing onto cooled cakes. Sprinkle with chocolate and serve.
For an alcohol-free version, replace liqueur with the same amount of milk and 1/2 teaspoon coffee essence. Makes 12
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceYesterday 4:00pm
- Pommes AnnaMar 20, 2019
- Chocolate Easter frecklesMar 20, 2019
- Noughts and crosses chocolate chip easter bunsMar 20, 2019
- 7 creative ways to take damper to the next levelMar 19, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 18, 2019
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Chamomile honey cakeMar 07, 2019