- 375 gram softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 2/3 cup sifted icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cup sifted self-raising flour
- 125 gram softened butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon kahlua or other coffee liqueur
- 3 teaspoon instant coffee
- shaved chocolate, to decorate
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper patty cases.
- 2In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, beat all ingredients except chocolate together to combine. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes or until mixture is creamy.
- 3Divide mixture evenly between cases. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cooked when tested (a skewer inserted should come out clean). Cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4ICING: In a small mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and vanilla together, until smooth. Gradually add icing sugar, beating until creamy.
- 5Transfer icing to a piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain nozzle. Pipe icing onto cooled cakes. Sprinkle with chocolate and serve.
For an alcohol-free version, replace liqueur with the same amount of milk and 1/2 teaspoon coffee essence. Makes 12
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Arancini with prosciutto and peasYesterday 4:00pm
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpJan 17, 2019
- Bread and butter picklesJan 14, 2019
- Scrambled tofu wrapsJan 14, 2019
- Vegan "shepherdless" pieJan 14, 2019
- Sashimi tuna poke bowlJan 14, 2019
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsJan 10, 2019
- Prawn, kale, and chickpea tabboulehJan 10, 2019
- Classic carrot cake with cream cheese frostingJan 10, 2019
- Sweet potato brownies with espresso toppingJan 10, 2019
- Kale and quinoa frittataJan 10, 2019
- Sage & zucchini-wrapped haloumi saladJan 09, 2019
- Soft polenta with mushroom raguJan 09, 2019
- Spaghetti squash con quesoJan 09, 2019
- Mango cheesecake tart with palm sugar syrupJan 09, 2019