- 2 red capsicums (400g)
- 3 trimmed celery stalks (300g)
- 2 red onions (200g)
- 2 tomatoes (300g)
- 2 eggplants (600g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely cooking-oil spray
- 1/2 cup (110g) white sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (80g) sultanas
- 100 gram seeded black olives
- 1/3 cup (50g) pine nuts, roasted
- 1 1/2 tablespoon drained capers, rinsed
- 1Cut capsicums, celery, onions, tomatoes and eggplants into 2cm pieces.
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan, cook capsicum, celery, onion, tomato and garlic, in batches, until soft; transfer to large bowl.
- 3Spray eggplant all over with oil, cook eggplant in batches, until browned. Add to capsicum mixture.
- 4Cook sugar in medium frying pan over low heat, without stirring or boiling, until dissolved, swirling pan occasionally. Cook about 5 minutes or until browned lightly. Add vinegar, bring to the boil; reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by a third; cool to room temperature.
- 5Add vinegar mixture to vegetables with sultanas, olives, nuts and capers; stir until combined. Stand for 1 hour at room temperature before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best Italian recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 29 American-style diner recipes for weekend entertainingYesterday 6:23am
- Cinnamon doughnutsYesterday 4:17am
- Chicken cacciatoreYesterday 3:00am
- Chilli jamYesterday 2:14am
- Garlic breadYesterday 1:00am
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allYesterday 12:51am
- Chocolate cupcake thickshakeYesterday 12:39am
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJan 18, 2022
- Quinoa zucchini haloumi burgersJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate fudge browniesJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate hazelnut sliceJan 18, 2022
- BaklavaJan 18, 2022
- Baker's dozen homemade croissantsJan 18, 2022
- Cauliflower mac 'n' cheeseJan 18, 2022