- 2 red capsicums (400g)
- 3 trimmed celery stalks (300g)
- 2 red onions (200g)
- 2 tomatoes (300g)
- 2 eggplants (600g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely cooking-oil spray
- 1/2 cup (110g) white sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (80g) sultanas
- 100 gram seeded black olives
- 1/3 cup (50g) pine nuts, roasted
- 1 1/2 tablespoon drained capers, rinsed
- 1Cut capsicums, celery, onions, tomatoes and eggplants into 2cm pieces.
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan, cook capsicum, celery, onion, tomato and garlic, in batches, until soft; transfer to large bowl.
- 3Spray eggplant all over with oil, cook eggplant in batches, until browned. Add to capsicum mixture.
- 4Cook sugar in medium frying pan over low heat, without stirring or boiling, until dissolved, swirling pan occasionally. Cook about 5 minutes or until browned lightly. Add vinegar, bring to the boil; reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by a third; cool to room temperature.
- 5Add vinegar mixture to vegetables with sultanas, olives, nuts and capers; stir until combined. Stand for 1 hour at room temperature before serving.