- 200 gram (6½-ounce) whole camembert cheese
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh lemon thyme
- 1 long french bread stick (300g), sliced thinly
- 1Place cheese on large piece of baking paper or foil on oven tray.
- 2Drizzle cheese with 1 tablespoon of the oil and the wine; top with garlic and thyme. Wrap paper around cheese; seal to enclose.
- 3Cook parcel in covered barbecue, using indirect heat, following manufacturer's instructions, about 20 minutes or until the centre of the cheese is soft.
- 4Meanwhile, brush bread with remaining oil; toast on barbecue grill plate until browned both sides.
- 5Open cheese parcel; dip toasts into cheese.
Recipe is best made just before serving. If you prefer, cheese can be baked in the oven at 180°C/350°F for about 20 minutes
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021