- 200 gram (6½-ounce) whole camembert cheese
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh lemon thyme
- 1 long french bread stick (300g), sliced thinly
- 1Place cheese on large piece of baking paper or foil on oven tray.
- 2Drizzle cheese with 1 tablespoon of the oil and the wine; top with garlic and thyme. Wrap paper around cheese; seal to enclose.
- 3Cook parcel in covered barbecue, using indirect heat, following manufacturer's instructions, about 20 minutes or until the centre of the cheese is soft.
- 4Meanwhile, brush bread with remaining oil; toast on barbecue grill plate until browned both sides.
- 5Open cheese parcel; dip toasts into cheese.
Recipe is best made just before serving. If you prefer, cheese can be baked in the oven at 180°C/350°F for about 20 minutes
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cheese and silverbeet borekYesterday 2:00pm
- 42 perfect puddingsYesterday 2:00pm
- 39 amazing avocado recipes that are more than just guac or smashYesterday 12:59am
- 35 very vegetarian pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022
- 44 perfect pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022
- 41 creative ideas with cabbageJun 28, 2022
- 26 easy chicken pasta recipesJun 28, 2022
- Chicken and fennel tray bakeJun 28, 2022
- Soft polentaJun 28, 2022
- Shaved cabbage with pecorino balsamicJun 28, 2022
- Princess-themed birthday cakesJun 28, 2022
- Over-the-top chocolate and macadamia browniesJun 27, 2022