Serve these golden buttermilk scones warm with lashings of fresh whipped cream and sweet jam. The buttermilk in this recipe helps the dough to remain soft and tender, resulting in a light and airy scone.
- 3 cup (450g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar mixture
- 60 gram butter
- 1 3/4 cup (430ml) buttermilk, approximately
- 1Grease 23cm square slab cake pan.
- 2Sift dry ingredients into large bowl, rub in butter. Stir in enough buttermilk to mix to a soft, sticky dough.
- 3Turn dough onto floured surface, knead until smooth. Press dough out to 2cm thickness, cut to 5.5cm rounds.
- 4Place rounds in prepared pan; bake in very hot oven about 15 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven and serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb goulashYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 chocolate recipes for those of us who can't get enoughYesterday 5:44am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotYesterday 5:27am
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeYesterday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesJul 24, 2021
- 34 delicious duck recipesJul 24, 2021
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsJul 24, 2021
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingJul 24, 2021
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021