- 2 medium tomatoes (300g), seeded, chopped finely
- 1/2 small red onion (50g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slice sourdough bread (280g)
- cooking-oil spray
- 2 tablespoon finely shredded fresh basil
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F.
- 2Combine tomato, onion, garlic, vinegar and oil in small bowl. Stand 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, place bread on oiled oven tray; spray with cooking oil. Toast, in oven (or under grill), until browned both sides.
- 4Stir basil into tomato mixture, spoon onto toasted bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Healthy meal ideas when you don't know what to makeYesterday 5:27am
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019
- Cauliflower 'rice' pilafNov 07, 2019
- Chocolate sour cream cakeNov 06, 2019
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella tartNov 06, 2019
- 13 ways with broad beansNov 05, 2019
- Spaghetti carbonaraNov 05, 2019
- Gingerbread biscuitsNov 05, 2019
- Prawn, pea & broad bean frittataNov 05, 2019
- The best finger foods for your next partyNov 03, 2019
- Very green veggie curryNov 03, 2019
- Snapper and tomato tray bakeNov 03, 2019
- Classic rum ballsNov 01, 2019
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsOct 31, 2019