The beauty of this bruschetta recipe lies in the simple combination of fresh ingredients. This dish is a popular addition to any antipasto plate, or delicious on its own.
- 2 medium tomatoes (300g), seeded, chopped finely
- 1/2 small red onion (50g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slice sourdough bread (280g)
- cooking-oil spray
- 2 tablespoon finely shredded fresh basil
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F.
- 2Combine tomato, onion, garlic, vinegar and oil in small bowl. Stand 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, place bread on oiled oven tray; spray with cooking oil. Toast, in oven (or under grill), until browned both sides.
- 4Stir basil into tomato mixture, spoon onto toasted bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apricot bliss ballsDec 07, 2021
- Cute canapes to start your dinner partyDec 07, 2021
- Perfect Christmas finger food recipesDec 07, 2021
- 31 tasty ways to use your leftover Christmas hamDec 07, 2021
- Chicken and lemon risottoDec 07, 2021
- Rice-cooker bibimbapDec 07, 2021
- 10 recipes to make your Christmas stress-freeDec 06, 2021
- Our best shepherd's pieDec 06, 2021
- Nougat semifreddo in white chcocolate conesDec 06, 2021
- Yum-yum dan dan noodlesDec 06, 2021
- Stained glass biscottiDec 06, 2021
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsDec 06, 2021
- 19 turkey recipes for the festive seasonDec 06, 2021