The beauty of this bruschetta recipe lies in the simple combination of fresh ingredients. Crusty toasted bread with fresh tomatoes and herbs. This dish is a popular addition to any antipasto plate, or delicious on its own.
- 2 medium tomatoes (300g), seeded, chopped finely
- 1/2 small red onion (50g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slice sourdough bread (280g)
- cooking-oil spray
- 2 tablespoon finely shredded fresh basil
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F.
- 2Combine tomato, onion, garlic, vinegar and oil in small bowl. Stand 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, place bread on oiled oven tray; spray with cooking oil. Toast, in oven (or under grill), until browned both sides.
- 4Stir basil into tomato mixture, spoon onto toasted bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeToday 6:02am
- 21 beautiful baked salmon recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten-free smoky chicken and corn pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm
- Baked lemon and coconut tartYesterday 2:00pm
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyYesterday 2:00pm
- Leek and mushroom lasagneYesterday 2:00pm
- Lasagne recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniYesterday 2:00pm
- Traditional Greek recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 gluten-free dinnersYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best spaghetti bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinYesterday 2:00pm
- Chocolate indulgence cakeYesterday 2:00pm