The beauty of this bruschetta recipe lies in the simple combination of fresh ingredients. This dish is a popular addition to any antipasto plate, or delicious on its own.
- 2 medium tomatoes (300g), seeded, chopped finely
- 1/2 small red onion (50g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slice sourdough bread (280g)
- cooking-oil spray
- 2 tablespoon finely shredded fresh basil
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F.
- 2Combine tomato, onion, garlic, vinegar and oil in small bowl. Stand 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, place bread on oiled oven tray; spray with cooking oil. Toast, in oven (or under grill), until browned both sides.
- 4Stir basil into tomato mixture, spoon onto toasted bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Miso eggplant and noodle saladYesterday 10:00pm
- New York cheesecakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 23 sweet and savoury hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Orange, semolina and rhubarb cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Arancini with tomato and balsamic sauceYesterday 2:00pm