This nourishing bowl of brown rice and veg with dukkah eggs will soon become your go-to meal when you want a healthy meal that's just as hearty and tastes great too.
Looking for more mushroom recipes?
- 1 1/3 cups (265g) brown rice
- 4 eggs (see tips)
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion (80g), chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200 grams swiss brown mushrooms
- 4 kale leaves (100g), stems removed, torn coarsely
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons dukkah
- 1Cook rice in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until just tender; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, add refrigerated eggs to a saucepan of boiling water; boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes for soft-boiled. Drain; rinse eggs under cold water until cool enough to handle. Peel eggs.
- 3Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 5 minutes or until mushrooms are browned. Add kale; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until kale is wilted. Stir in rice; season to taste.
- 4Combine seeds and dukkah in a small bowl; roll eggs in the mixture to coat. Divide rice mixture between serving bowls. Top with eggs and remaining dukkah mixture.
There's no need to bring the eggs to room temperature. Add them to the boiling water straight from the fridge.You could use a mixture of mushrooms such as swiss brown, portobello, button or shiitake mushrooms.Recipe is not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Passionfruit curd teacakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Kimchi and cheese toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooked pork in ginger beerYesterday 2:00pm
- Pearl couscous ‘kedgeree’Yesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker bolognese sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mixed bean, spinach and paneer rogan joshYesterday 2:00pm
- Rigatoni with zucchini and chilliYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla sliceJun 17, 2021
- ShortbreadJun 17, 2021
- Baked custardJun 17, 2021
- Beef massamanJun 17, 2021
- Coconut pumpkin soup made in your slow cookerJun 17, 2021
- Steak and spuds with salsa verdeJun 17, 2021
- Rainbow bibimbap bowlsJun 16, 2021
- 22 easy dinner recipesJun 16, 2021