Brown lentil patties
- 1 cup (200g) brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 bunch (500g) spinach, rinsed and trimmed
- 3/4 cup (90g) almond meal
- 3/4 cup (60g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
Grilled cucumber salad
- 4 (520g) lebanese cucumbers, quartered lengthways
- 1 punnet (250g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon natural yoghurt
- lemon wedges, to serve
Brown lentil patties with grilled cucumber salad
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Put the lentils into a saucepan with 4 cups (1 litre) of water; bring to the boil. Cook for 30 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 3Meanwhile, put the spinach leaves into a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook until soft and dark green. Remove from heat and squeeze to remove any excess liquid; chop finely.
- 4Put the drained lentils into a large bowl with the chopped spinach, almond meal, parmesan cheese, oregano leaves, lemon rind, white pepper and egg. Season well with sea-salt; stir to combine.
- 5Shape 2 flat tablespoons of lentil mixture into flat patties; place on the baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Meanwhile, heat a grill plate over a high flame; grill the cucumber wedges until marked on all sides. Transfer to a board; roughly chop the cucumber then put into a bowl with the cherry tomatoes, mint leaves and yoghurt. Gently fold to combine.
- 7Serve the baked patties with the cucumber salad and fresh lemon wedges.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Baked rice custardToday 5:26am
- Slow-cooked beef ragu with pappardelleToday 2:21am
- Beef WellingtonToday 12:27am
- Slow cooker bean bourgignonYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker veal rolls (involtini) with prosciutto and sageYesterday 2:00pm
- Spinach gozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- 45 comforting custard dessertsYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Ragù alla bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker lamb shanks with tomato, chilli and fettaYesterday 2:00pm
- Duxelles-filled lamb leg with roast vegetablesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am