Brown lentil patties
- 1 cup (200g) brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 bunch (500g) spinach, rinsed and trimmed
- 3/4 cup (90g) almond meal
- 3/4 cup (60g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
Grilled cucumber salad
- 4 (520g) lebanese cucumbers, quartered lengthways
- 1 punnet (250g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon natural yoghurt
- lemon wedges, to serve
Brown lentil patties with grilled cucumber salad
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Put the lentils into a saucepan with 4 cups (1 litre) of water; bring to the boil. Cook for 30 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 3Meanwhile, put the spinach leaves into a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook until soft and dark green. Remove from heat and squeeze to remove any excess liquid; chop finely.
- 4Put the drained lentils into a large bowl with the chopped spinach, almond meal, parmesan cheese, oregano leaves, lemon rind, white pepper and egg. Season well with sea-salt; stir to combine.
- 5Shape 2 flat tablespoons of lentil mixture into flat patties; place on the baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Meanwhile, heat a grill plate over a high flame; grill the cucumber wedges until marked on all sides. Transfer to a board; roughly chop the cucumber then put into a bowl with the cherry tomatoes, mint leaves and yoghurt. Gently fold to combine.
- 7Serve the baked patties with the cucumber salad and fresh lemon wedges.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021